“Family holiday”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 7 days in July . Initially was put in tower 3 level 6, the room was very shabby and dirty, it was not what I had anticipated. Approached reception , the young girl who served me was quite rude, but I insisted on a new room and she managed to relocate my family (begrudgingly it seemed). We moved to tower 2 level 22. The room was much better! The carpets are stained and there are marks on the wall but I think that it is to be expected. The bathroom was modern and lovely, the kitchen was also modern . Free foxtel, lovely view over the river across the road. Comfy beds, air conditioning and not noisy.
The location was awesome, not far from the beach, we were able to leave our car in free parking at the resort and walk everywhere. You are close to Coles, restaurants , max brenner and the centre of surfers.
The facilities at the resort I found pretty good. Spa was good, lagoon would've been good but we didn't use as it was too cold (fair enough as it's winter). Outdoor heated pool and BBQ area was awesome. I had loads of night swims with my 7 year old son, he loved it!. The gym was good as well.
The lifts can be a bit slow, but we learned to avoid them at peak hour 10am and around dinner time.
Overall it was a great stay for my family and I, would definitely stay again. We booked through stayz and got a really reasonable rate $115 per night for a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom. I will use that site again.
The biggest negative would have to be some of the reception staff, there was one girl, I think she was a kiwi who was super nice. The other two I encountered were so rude! It's not a good reflection on the resort, I know as I work in a customer service job. It really needs to be addressed

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Louise H
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you Louise for your informative review. We are glad you had a good time at the resort and It is with your feedback that we are able to ensure that our property may continue to provide our guests with a holiday they will not forget. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Gold Coast.

There are newer reviews for Mantra Towers of Chevron

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I arrived after hours when the front desk wasn't manned - it was easy to get my key from the locker as indicated. I was really so pleased at my apartment it was excellent. It was big, and spacious with a wonderful view across the ocean. As I was there on business it was so much better than a hotel room. The only difficulty is that there needs to be better indications on how to get to the shopping area below, as the complex is so huge it's a little difficult first time. But convenience, comfort and appliances it would be wonderful for a family. For the money, and the facilities a great option for holiday - it's in the heart of Surfers and you can walk everywhere. And it's a block from the beach.

Room Tip: I would definitely request an ocean view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Sue for taking the time to post a review of your stay - we appreciate all feedback, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We found that the location was very close to Cavill and all the attractions and amenities in Surfers Paradise. The unit was clean and comfortable. We will definitely be staying again and will recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Scott for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay at our resort. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay. We hope to welcome you back to Chevron Towers in the near future!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Fabulous pool spa areas lots of outdoor facilities loved the gym stayed in a great area of tower 3 will be coming back in the future is a lovely hotel for long stays with access to two supermarkets was a shame the two bedrooms don't have an ensuite

Room Tip: Corner units are large and sunny
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Janice for taking the time to post a review of your stay - we appreciate all feedback, and we are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Towers of Chevron Renaissance in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed there almost two weeks back and I still haven't received the bond money they with hold of $200. It's really pathetic and when we give them a call regarding it, they are least bothered about it. Till now I haven't received the refund. If they are interested in collecting the bond, then they should show the same interest in returning it back. Have stayed in many hotels, but not like this one with terrible service.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Check-in was easy enough but the directions given to us to find our car-parking area were terrible. We were given a photocopied map which showed absolutely no usable landmarks or accurate location of roads and driveways. Once we had parked our car, finding our apartment in tower 1 was easy enough but the carpet out the front of our apartment door was covered in crumbs of some sort.

On a positive note, the hotel pool was really nice and warm which made is swimmable in winter.
Location was awesome being so close to Cavill avenue and the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank David S
chevrontowers, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear you did not find the map provided on check in very useful. This is purely a map of the resort, showing the location of the 3 towers, and not of the surrounding area.

We have several new staff members on the front desk and i shall ensure they are all providing accurate information and directions to the car park.

Overall i am glad to see you enjoyed your time at the resort and made the most of our excellent location and world class facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Everything was great, after hours check in was fine, check out was fine, just didn't have a heater or anything, and the flooring was quite bad carpets and stains, however was a peaceful trip, and was given a nice ocean view for my mid week trip. Would stay again hoping the errors were fixed....

Stayed: August 2014
ChevronManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Mantra Towers of Chevron, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

Thank you for your informative review. It is with your feedback that we are able to ensure that our property may continue to provide our guests with a holiday they will not forget. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit the Gold Coast.