“Good location with plenty of facilities”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I stayed at the Towers for 3 nights in July 09. It was the low season of Gold Coast and I only paid for AU$100 as the web's managerial special. I think it really worth the money. It is situated at a convenient location with plenty of shops around like Gucci, LV, etc. In particular, I like the Coles Supermarket at the ground floor of the Tower's building.

The apartment provided all necessary comforts, ideal for family, even though I travelled solo this time. I was given a 1-bed room apartment and the room was spacious. In the room, it had all the appliance like washer, dryer, dish washer, heat top, microwave and it even provided the detergent and washing liquid for those appliance. Also the queen bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was clean and fantastic.

The only negative about this apartment is that there is no room cleaning service. You'll be responsible for daily cleaning of the dishes and clearing of the rubbish. There is a small notice stating that you'll be charged for AU$50 if the furniture and dishes are not restored to its original condition. But it is not a problem for me as the apartment makes me feel at home and I do those house keeping work at home anyway.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank madam_cheng

Reviewed 30 June 2009

We spent twelve nights here in two different appartments. I think the different standards are because most units are privately owned. I bought accommodation on ebay and spent first five nights on 25th floor. Room was supposed to have a spa but didn't. Think it was swapped for cheaper appartment because i bought it so cheaply So make sure you write down room number if buying online. The agents for this appartment were not the most helpful people ever and they do make some ridicuclous sounding requests but having seen how some people treat others property whilst there i think that they may have had some horrendous guests in the past. Whilst both appartments were tidy and appeared clean i think the cleaning may be a little hit and miss.

We spent the rest of our holiday on the 2nd floor in an appartment rented from the owner. The agents were helpful but maybe a little slack. Don't go on a long weekend very noisy obvioulsy because of young people in the area. This appartment was like a home away from home. We took our seven year old son who spent every night at the pool. The Doctor downstairs was an unthought of bonus when i contracted sinus infection. Totally central to everything with Coles Downstairs. The reception staff are fantasticly helpful. Apart from long weekend there was not more noise than you would expect being right in the centre of Surfers. I could actually live in the appartment which was two bathroom two bedroom. With everything Dishwasher Full Kitchen and Laundry facilities. Don't reccommend putting washing on the bacony. We collected a tea towell door mat and One flip flop after a particularly windy day. Great spot for a holiday.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank HelenTasmania
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I know it was a year ago that we stayed, but I must put this up here.We booked the appartment through the website Ozstayz.com.au. We booked through the owner direct. She was very helpful and even sent us through a tourism book on all the things the gold coast has to offer. I can give you the reference number for the appartment if you msg me.
The appartment had everything we needed fully self contained,with two bedrooms two bathrooms. I have not a bad word to say about the appartment it was clean and even had games and beach toys for us to use! she really did think of everything the supermarket was right next door.

Unfortunately I was expecting the weather to be hot and to go swimming all the time silly me! whilst it is always sunny as they say it was cardigan and jumper weather.

The most important thing the kids had a ball. We spent most our time at the theme parks. Headed up to Australia zoo which was a 3 hr drive so didn't get to spend as much time there as we would've liked. If planning to go there I would recommend a stay up that way.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Amy26mabel
Reviewed 25 May 2009

Very disappointed about the unit, the bathroom was very dirty, the toilets have not been cleaned before we were given the room, cups were dirty in the cupboard. Music until 2 am on Friday night, Apart from all that, nice location. But the staff at reception were great and helpful!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travellor_top
Reviewed 16 May 2009

Freezing pools, even in Summer. As bad as Melbourne (Aus)!

Please try some solar.

Excellent location. Shops below and beach a very short, fun walk.

Great views.

Our fridge broke down and our food spoiled. They repaired the fridge quickly and repaid us double for the value of the food.

Free parking is nice unlike some other places.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Seals_and_Crofts
Reviewed 10 May 2009

We booked our apartment (on level 2 north tower rm 2021) through Vickey (Stayz) who was lovely and helpful.
Checking in proved to be a little more difficult, as we were told to call a number (I suspect it was an agent) to meet us and give us our keys etc. At first there was no answer even though I had reconfirmed our arrival time the day before but eventually (after we gave up for an hour or so and just went to lunch) they answered the phone, met with us and gave us our room keys.
Apartment was smaller than I expected with no bath but that wasn't a big deal...would have been had we brought our baby along with us though so if you're travelling with little ones I'd make sure that the apartment has a bath before booking.
We were given a list/contract which had stupid things like;
Excessive finger/hand print marks left on windows/sliding doors will incur a $50 per hour cleaning fee...
silly things like that. Now we're not going to leave the place like a pig sty but I think it's rude to give your guests a list of rules that they have to abide by regarding the cleanliness of the apartment when there are dirty coffee cups in the cupboard and blankets with someone/something's hair left on it in clumps in the bedroom!
I don't really understand re/ the noise complaints from previous reviewers, we were on the second floor, facing the river and although you could hear some street noise I didn't find that it kept any of us awake throughout the night...but that may be because the beds took care of that. Worst bed I've ever slept on!! It was so terribly uncomfortable and you found yourself rolling into the middle of the bed all the time. You could feel and hear springs when you pushed down on it with your hands...really not in keeping with the 4 1/2 star the resort (and it's owners) like to advertise. Honestly, when you have to get up every morning and shuffle, hunched over to the muscle relaxants before you can properly move it's not good. They really need to be replaced and put quite a dampener on our holiday, especially considering that we were out and about every day at theme parks and needed a restful, comfortable sleep when we got back each night.
The resort itself is huge and the pool area is very nice. The outdoor pool is not heated but that doesn't seem to bother the kids. There is an indoor pool/spa which is quite big and apparently another indoor pool located in one of the towers but the place is so huge (and our time there so limited) we didn't get around to finding it.
Apart from the terrible beds the resort's location is fantastic, you can wander around Surfers, have a drink, go out for dinner, check out the night market all within a couple of blocks. We had a 4 y/old and a 7 y/old with us and I don't think I would take them out in Surfers on a Friday/Saturday night past 8pm or so for safety reasons but they loved going to the Hard Rock Cafe and the night market and had an absolute ball.
I don't think I would stay here again...the location was great, the proximity to everything brilliant but the apartments are pretty small and those beds have really put me off giving the Chevron another try.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Carly B
Reviewed 1 May 2009

I booked this with Vickey on stayz.com.au and I am so delighted, She could not have done more for us, We were in apt 2226 for 14 nights. The location is fantastic. I have been to Surfers at least a dozen times and this was the best location ever. After being out all day we could shop at the supermarket downstairs or wander down the road to select from many cafes. There's also plenty for the kids to do nearby. I have an 11 & 14yr old so was able to send them down to Coles, or the games room or the pool without any issue. It's a massive complex and it probably took a week to get to know the buildings but that's not what we were there for. It was theme parks, the beach and relaxing. This place definitely delivered. If I had to pick a downside it was the rowdy noise from the streets below particularly Fri & Sat night. But we just bought ear plugs and the problem was gone.
I will definitely be telling people to stay here & I will be going again!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family