“Excellent Tony at Sunmore was AWESOME, best location, best holiday”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
New Zealand
“Excellent Tony at Sunmore was AWESOME, best location, best holiday”
Reviewed 6 December 2009

I cant talk highly enough of our apartment and our service at Chevron Towers. We booked through Tony at Sunmore and found it WAY cheaper to go through them than to go direct with Chevron.

Sunmoore Holidays send you the key and swipe card to you before you get to the hotel so it was great, we didnt have to check in or do anything! Was so easy!

Pools are AWESOME, our apartment was huge. We got a 3 bedroom and there was 6 of us and had HEAPS of room. Perfect.

Honestly couldnt fault it at all. Had to go buy toilet paper - but who really cares we knew this was an unserviced apartment thats why we got it cheap - you cant have your cake and eat it too!

The balcony was awesome, views where fantastic.

The location was just awesome - loved everything about it, would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Flossiebear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (594)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
Reviewed 29 November 2009

The apartment agents were so friendly and helpful. They went to all efforts for our comfort and to help us find the place. The apartment is modern, clean, spacious and comfortable. We felt right at home... even better! The facilities available in the complex were awesome. Loved the indoor and outdoor pools. Best location.. coles below and restaurants and shopping all around. Awesome balcony and view. We now stay here only and we are booked again for nex January. Great accomodation and value for money!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Ozzietourists
Brisbane
Reviewed 22 November 2009

The room was nice. The pool area was great for families. There were no instructions on which building we were staying in and the car park was confusing and hard to find.

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank scarlett2204
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2009

I made my booking via email for my birthday with the Reservations Manager at the Chevron. I was originally going to stay at Conrad Jupiters as the Hotel Manager was very helpful and considerate of my birthday but it was just a bit expensive for a 3 day stay, even when I cancelled my booking the Hotel Manager he wished me a lovely birthday and a great stay at the Gold Coast and said to contact him anytime if we ever wanted to stay again, which I most certainly will do, his customer service was exceptional.
As the price at the Chevron was very affordable I decided it would be better for a short stay and I kept asking if I could also book with their Hotel Manager but was advised they do not deal with guests and I was so put off by that response that I considered paying the extra for Conrad Jupiters but then after thinking about it the price the Chevron was offering was very good.
Unbeknowns to me at the time in discussing my booking over the email with the Reservations Manager, the Hilton is being built and is causing unbearable noise very early of a morning, (had I have known this I would have definately stayed at Conrads as it woke me up every morning at 6.30 am), when the confirmation came through it stated: NB ** Please note: Construction in Surfers Paradise is currently underway and will continue until late Dec 2010 which may effect the noise level during the day**, at no time in any of my email correspondence was this mentioned to me.
The rooms were lovely and we were up on the 33rd and 34th floor and it was very comfortable, (the 33rd floor had a terrible smell of rubbish left by the garbage shute and also in walking into reception it also had a dreadful smell in the whole foyer area, everyone commented when walking in about the horrible smell), but we had a lovely view which I almost had to beg and plead for when emailing so I was thankful for that.
I asked for another room that wouldnt face the Hilton but was told there were no rooms that didnt have any noise.
I had asked for a late check out as our flight was not leaving until 7pm, it was most important for us and they said I could have complimentary until 11am, (big deal) and then $40 extra until 12 midday and after that they wanted the full day rate of $170 just to stay until about 2 or 3 at the latest would have been a great help, and they absolutely could not care that we would be out walking around the street all day instead. I actually said what if it is raining and my mother is not well do we have to walk around the streets all day and the answer was YES.
There are absolutely no niceties or friendliness at all at this resort from most of the staff, (not all but most) one girl in particular was just horrid, very efficient, but very abrupt and awful, she feels everyone is going to do the wrong thing and the rules are just too much as they must have had so many bad things happen now they trust no one, even though I had been in contact with the Hotel Reservations Manager it made no difference we could NOT use the key to go to the pool area or in and out of the lifts to go to the shops after we checked out, someone had to push the lift button for us to go to the pool and then the suggestion was just wait until someone comes out to let you out, I had to get changed in the toilets for the flight and the lady from reservations came in as I was changing too see what I was doing. It was very insulting that we were treated like common crooks who would do the wrong thing with the key.
Not once did any of them say Happy Birthday or hope you had a lovely stay and the Reservations Manager was no where to be seen when he had said he looked forward to meeting my family.
The lagoon pool area is really lovely, but there are so many people drinking and swearing down there it spoils it a bit otherwise it had a lovely atmosphere.
The activities desk was run separately and they were both very friendly and helfpul and made my booking at the Revolving Restaurant for my birthday and did say Happy Birthday.
This resort is not for a special occassion as they couldnt care less what you are there for, they just want their money and the $200 credit card deposit and the keys back on the dot of 10am and if you are very very lucky you can have a complimentary late check out until 11am.
I travel alot around the world and this resort was so lacking in customer service, there actually was none. Its not unusual to get a late check out at 2pm when getting a later flight.
I have never been made change in a toilet after having a swim and waiting for someone to let us out of the pool area, it was a great inconvenience and I had thought the reservations manager would have left us a key to get around for that last day, but not at all.
I was most offended that not one of the staff said Happy Birthday and that is the impression I walk away with and for that reason I would not recommend this hotel as I said for a special occassion.
It is worth it to pay the extra where they will acknowledge your birthdayor special occassion or even send up a bottle of wine or cake on the day as well.
It wasnt a bad stay but it was certainly not what I had hoped or expected.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank CAZZA0611
Brisbane
Reviewed 27 October 2009

Checking in the staff were friendly, helpful and polite. The car park area was a little confusing but we managed.
Stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 36th floor of tower 3 with 2 friends for 2 nights.
The hotel room was small and uncomfortable. The walls and doors were all marked with sticky kids handprints. The room had carpet throughout but being of light colour showed all the stains from all the guests. The glass top of the dining table and coffee table were stained and dirty. Tiny tiny tiny tv!!! The drinking glasses in the kitchen still had sticky orange juice in the bottom of them from the previous guests. A dead cockroach in the ensuite as well as the shower screen broken and unable to slide open or close. Was not happy, especially with how much we paid for the room.
Upon check out I complained to the reception staff member and was told that all rooms are independantly owned and are all of different standards. What? She made a note to have the room cleaned properly. Had a great weekend with my friends but will never stay there again. I'll stay at the Circle on Cavill apartments next door next time! I posted a review on The Towers of Chevron Renaissance website but they are yet to put it up.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ness82

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Melbourne
Reviewed 23 October 2009

We have stayed at Chevron 3 times over the past few years. On the past 2 occasions I have booked direct with owners which I found very easy!

We prefer tower 2 which I believe has the best views out to the ocean, this tower also has direct access to the shops below (including Coles).

The pool areas are great, sometimes they can be busy but not unbearable.

I have never had issues with the lifts (despite what some others have mentioned). I have never experienced lengthy delays. Do expect wet patches from kids dripping!

This complex wasn't designed as a hotel / full service complex. It is a shame people have a go at it because of this, stay at a hotel if this is important to you.

Yes it is a big complex, take your security swipe with you! Again I can't believe people whinge about this. I am more than happy to swipe everywhere, particularly the pools as it keeps the idiot element (not staying at Chevron) out.

I have never had issues with how clean the rooms were, I have never had reason to complain.

We love the central location of Chevron. Close to the beach, close to central Surfers, plenty of dining downstairs for all moods and budgets, great pool areas, bus at the door both directions if you need them, plenty of easy access security parking downstairs.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Mutley251
Ballarat
Reviewed 1 October 2009

A group of us recently stayed at this hotel in a three bedroom apartment at the beginning of a week stay in QLD. After arriving very early at 8.00am expecting to have to leave our bags and wait for our room we were pleased to find out that it was already ready and we could check in. The room was brilliant, everything was to the highest standard and the kitchen was just amazing. At 32 stories up the view we had was breath taking. The staff were more than friendly and helpful and even let us store a weeks worth of groceries that we needed for our upcoming houseboat adventure for a few hours in their storage room after we had checked out. The Pools were beautiful (a bit chilly though in September) and the gym was also well equipped. All 6 of us would recommend if you had the money to stay here for a few nights! we will be going again!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends