“Loved it! None of us wanted to come home!”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I was a little nervous as we had booked an internet deal, but I need not have worried. We were in a two bedroom apartment on the 23rd floor! We had not requested anything in particular, but had partial ocean views, city and lagoon views .... just gorgeous day and night.

The apartment was very clean ... I came prepared to have to clean something, but I didn't have to. We used both pools and the gym and everything was spotless. We loved having Coles, Bakers Delight and a chemist just downstairs. Fabulous restaurants are only 5 minutes away! I can highly recommend Perle Restaurant in the Circle of Caville next door - we ended up dining there 3 times - it was superb each time!

My husband, two children (11 and 9) and myself didn't want to come home. Would go back tomorrow if we could!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 March 2010

the hotel is within walking distance to surfer's paradise. everything is within walking distance. it does save a lot of time, driving and finding parking lot. this apartment has a few different type of apartments for rent. the particular one i rent during my stay was a 2 bedroom, two bathroom unit. the unit itself is self contained with dish washing, full kitchen, washing machine etc. the amenities are relative new and reasonably clean. the balcony is huge enough for 4 people to dine. for the rate A$160, i could not really pick up any fault from this apartment.

1  Thank travel_man_hk
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Our first family trip with our young kids and we loved the Chevron from the first minute...we upgraded to an ocean view room and so worth it...views of the ocean and pools on Level 5...the kids (2 & 3) loved the pools!! Sand for them to play in and not too deep (a little cool but take a dip in the heated spa!). The room was very good. (I read lots of reviews on the Chevron before booking). Sure there were a few stains on the carpet and walls but honestly this can totally be overlooked considering the location....easy walk into Cavill Ave - kids loved the mall. Only one small negative...a bit confusing moving between the towers (there are 3). We only stayed for 4 nights so didn't concern us too much...I'm sure if you stayed longer you would work it out!! Will def be staying there again.

1  Thank KaZac
Reviewed 20 March 2010

On our first family holiday to the Gold Coast in Feb on a must deserved break, we hired a cot and fold away bed from the resort. To my upmost disgrace I found the hire item discussing. I have never smelt something so vial in my life. The cot looked like it had not been cleaned and smelt of baby vomit and the fold away bed smelt like urine. I was told by reception these were hired from an outside company (which i found on the bed frame was a name "smartway hire") i am sure this is the company who the hire items came from. They were prepared to replace the item which I declined (I could only imagine if I received the items like this what the other items would be like) I would rather have the child sleep on the floor then think I am putting them in something that looks like it has never been cleaned. The hotel was lovely and the staff were fabulous, it’s a shame that something so small can turn you away. I would recommend the Hotel but would not recommend you hire any items

1  Thank BJBare
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Travelled with 2 friends, husband & 4 month old baby.

Location: Depends what you are looking for.. I myself LOVE to be in the heart of things and the Chevron was absolutly fantastic for this as you walk out the door and you are actually in a shopping centre so i found it to be in a fantastic location. Only downside to this.. of a night time, there is a lot of nightlife surrounding the towers so it is quite noisey. It wasnt enough to keep you awake but i could definatly hear it. If you were after a place on the beach this obviously isnt it as it is a lil walk to the sand n surf.

Facitities were great, pools were absolutly amazing. The lagoon pool is just as good as the photo's and the indoor pool (which we used alot due to the poor weather) was lovely and warm. Gym looked great (key word.. looked :) i dont gym on holidays LOL)

Appartment: We were on level 11. Found the view to be lovely... overlooking the lagoon pool and you could clearly see the ocean. Rooms were specious and everything was in fantastic condition, as you would expect from a new appartment. Bathroom, well I can only speak for the ensuite... shower was terrible. You had to run around to get wet the pressure was that bad and the design wasnt very good as the whole bathroom floor got wet from the silly door design (a huge gap at the bottom.) Beds were nice and comfy, had lots of extra pillows in the cupboard to find just the right one. Hired a porta-cot for bubs... was quite old and could not believe $15 per night for it!!! almost cheaper to take one with you but who could be bothered when you are already carrying the kitchen sink.

Hope that helps :) feel free to msg me if you have any other questions.

Just had to add... the whole 3 towers business, VERY confusing. We ended up in the wrong tower on several occasions. OOPS.

1  Thank stepha84
Reviewed 10 March 2010

We stayed on the 24th floor for 5 nights in a 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment which we booked via Ebay. We were met and shown the apartment by the Owner/Occupier's manager. An immediate $200 cash deposit is required in case you lose the keys during your stay. The money is refunded when you hand them back on checking out with the manager.

Our first impression was that the apartment was distinctly more tired than the photos on the website showed and that the bathroom contained an old fashioned 'step in' shower above the bath which could be an issue if you were not so sprightly or young or didn't have great balance! I'm short but managed to clamber over it, my husband however is 6ft and had trouble getting wet as his head was higher than the shower once you'd taken the bath height into account.

The complex itself however was marvellous. The man made beach pool on the 5th floor was brilliant and we enjoyed many a swim there. The bbq area, gym and games room were also great to have.

The apartment had a roll of toilet paper and that was it, we often choose apartments rather than hotel rooms and generally find on arrival there will be a small bar of soap, a one-wash packet of detergent, and often tiny sachets of salt/pepper, two or three teabags, a couple sachets of sugar and sometimes even a small milk etc. After that you go stock up as expected - however you need to arrive fully stocked for this place which can be tricky when arriving in the evening off an international flight such as we did.

The location was amazing, very easy to get around the main streets of Surfers. Walking to the beach or restaurants was no problem at all. We had a balcony (with very dirty furniture but I guess they are outside all the time) which was pleasant to relax on.

One of the few dislikes (aside from being slightly let down by the basic feeling of the interior of apartment) was there was an influx of loud teens on Friday night who took over the pool and bbq area. We couldn't spend any time on our balcony that evening as they had booked into the tower opposite us (there are 3 towers in Chevron) and had great fun yelling at and flashing other guests and generally spitting and throwing things off the balconies - all of which is documented as a huge no-no when you agree to rent an apartment but security never seemed to be around that evening. We checked out Saturday morning as we were going on to another resort so don't know whether they disrupted anyone on Saturday night as well.

All in all we would stay there again but quite likely in another apartment (I'll scour the photos for things like stepladder baths this time) and possibly not include a weekend.

Price wise it was brilliant but that is because we won it on auction rather than paid rack rate.

1  Thank zacross
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We recently stayed here. We got a great deal from a ebay seller and payed around $600 for 5 nights for 5 people. We were located in the oldest tower right on level 5. Great access to the pool area, but our room was not private at all! It was clean enogh but very small. There is no way I would pay $300 a night for it! Go to ebay or stayz if you want a cheaper deal.

Like other people have mentioned the towers are grounds get VERY dirty at times, but in their defense the place is huge with 100's of people walking around all day and night so of course it gets dirty. We noticed condoms (blurgh) in the garden just off our patio that was reported to reception and never removed. That was pretty gross.

The lifts and pool do get very busy but like I mentioned before the place is huge so there is always people around, especially in the pools and spas. We stayed at the end of Feb and the pool was warm enough. But not big enough for a venue of this size. The cafes and shops downstairs are great. And there is a very central bus stop just behind the towers. This is where we caught our transfers to the theme parks and it was very easy to use and very handy.

I would never recommend this place to young families but I would to couples and definitely younger people. There is a pub/ club/ nightclub on every corner, ideal for young people but not for families.

2  Thank GingerTreeFrog