“Fantastic location, apartment and views”

Mantra Towers of Chevron
Reviewed 27 April 2010

We stayed easter school hols for a week in tower one on 25th floor. this is the oldest tower. We have four children, 2 x 18 yr boys, 1 x 20 yr boy and 1x 4 yr girl. We booked through Stayz who were fantastic. When we arrived we were met at reception (plenty of room to park while waiting) by Gavin and charlie who were very friendly and happy to help. The room was still being serviced but they were happy for us to leave our bags and have a look around apartment and freshen up. We were amazed at how lovely it was. We got a 3 bedroom apartment which was spacious and everything you could possibly imagine was there. The cleaning staff were very gracious and thorough and made us feel welcome. we had no problem with the carpark as some people have commented on? The pool facilities were fantastic something for everyone. Our little girl used the spa pool the most and the boys enjoyed the big outdoor pool. We used the bbq area frequently which kept our food bill down. The only fault I could say is there was a terrible smell in the lifts and hallways for 2 days from the rubbish obviously not being cleared. Didnt smell in our apartment though and there was no noise. Supermarket at bottom of lifts was great and plenty of places with great coffee. The boys went nightclubbing and had a ball. Wont comment on what they got up to, Gorgeous place even at most busiest week (being easter hols) and we will be back to chevron which we will book through stayz again. Just watch out for people giving away scratchies around surfers paradise. You win a week accommodation but have to go to a presentation which takes ages. Then they want to sell you 60 years membership to travelclub for $17.000. We went to presentation and didnt take up offer but got voucher for 1 week free on gold coast to use within 12 months. Went to book it but all booked up from august to april so useless for us.

2  Thank KazRob12

Reviewed 23 April 2010

We stayed in a 2brm, 2 bath apartment on the 15th floor of Skyline Tower, and were very happy with the room in general. I would suggest asking for an ocean view room as the view we had was great.
Positives:
Great location- just 1 or 2 blocks walk to beach, shops, supermarket and restaurants downstairs, close to all the "action"
Roomy- we travelled with 3 kids, so apartment style accommodation is great for us.
Great view- our room had a lovely view from the balcony over the beach and also we could see the river.
Kitchen- well fitted out
Modern- I think the hotel is about 7 years old, so decor and fittings not dated.
Pool!! - we loved the pool area with its "beach" (water was a bit cold though)
Staff- very polite and helpful. eg I called the hotel after we checked out regarding a lost item (an important shell found on the beach!!) and the person went up to check the room for me.
Parking- free undercover parking - very accessible

Negatives:
Pillows: The worst pillows EVER! I called reception after the 1st night to see if they had any other pillows as these were about a foot thick, only to be told unfortunately that was all they had and the hotel had just bought 1000 of them! The kids couldn't use them at all.
Noise: I know this will sound silly, but there was a mechanical hum 24hrs a day- I think from air con operating in neighbouring buildings.
Pool Towels: There weren't any. You could pay $2 for another white bath towel, but who wants to go to the beach or pool with one of those?

1  Thank 5Monkeys
Reviewed 21 April 2010

I was a little nervous as we had booked an internet deal, but I need not have worried. We were in a two bedroom apartment on the 23rd floor! We had not requested anything in particular, but had partial ocean views, city and lagoon views .... just gorgeous day and night.

The apartment was very clean ... I came prepared to have to clean something, but I didn't have to. We used both pools and the gym and everything was spotless. We loved having Coles, Bakers Delight and a chemist just downstairs. Fabulous restaurants are only 5 minutes away! I can highly recommend Perle Restaurant in the Circle of Caville next door - we ended up dining there 3 times - it was superb each time!

My husband, two children (11 and 9) and myself didn't want to come home. Would go back tomorrow if we could!

Reviewed 30 March 2010

the hotel is within walking distance to surfer's paradise. everything is within walking distance. it does save a lot of time, driving and finding parking lot. this apartment has a few different type of apartments for rent. the particular one i rent during my stay was a 2 bedroom, two bathroom unit. the unit itself is self contained with dish washing, full kitchen, washing machine etc. the amenities are relative new and reasonably clean. the balcony is huge enough for 4 people to dine. for the rate A$160, i could not really pick up any fault from this apartment.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank travel_man_hk
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Our first family trip with our young kids and we loved the Chevron from the first minute...we upgraded to an ocean view room and so worth it...views of the ocean and pools on Level 5...the kids (2 & 3) loved the pools!! Sand for them to play in and not too deep (a little cool but take a dip in the heated spa!). The room was very good. (I read lots of reviews on the Chevron before booking). Sure there were a few stains on the carpet and walls but honestly this can totally be overlooked considering the location....easy walk into Cavill Ave - kids loved the mall. Only one small negative...a bit confusing moving between the towers (there are 3). We only stayed for 4 nights so didn't concern us too much...I'm sure if you stayed longer you would work it out!! Will def be staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank KaZac
Reviewed 20 March 2010

On our first family holiday to the Gold Coast in Feb on a must deserved break, we hired a cot and fold away bed from the resort. To my upmost disgrace I found the hire item discussing. I have never smelt something so vial in my life. The cot looked like it had not been cleaned and smelt of baby vomit and the fold away bed smelt like urine. I was told by reception these were hired from an outside company (which i found on the bed frame was a name "smartway hire") i am sure this is the company who the hire items came from. They were prepared to replace the item which I declined (I could only imagine if I received the items like this what the other items would be like) I would rather have the child sleep on the floor then think I am putting them in something that looks like it has never been cleaned. The hotel was lovely and the staff were fabulous, it’s a shame that something so small can turn you away. I would recommend the Hotel but would not recommend you hire any items

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank BJBare
Reviewed 19 March 2010

Travelled with 2 friends, husband & 4 month old baby.

Location: Depends what you are looking for.. I myself LOVE to be in the heart of things and the Chevron was absolutly fantastic for this as you walk out the door and you are actually in a shopping centre so i found it to be in a fantastic location. Only downside to this.. of a night time, there is a lot of nightlife surrounding the towers so it is quite noisey. It wasnt enough to keep you awake but i could definatly hear it. If you were after a place on the beach this obviously isnt it as it is a lil walk to the sand n surf.

Facitities were great, pools were absolutly amazing. The lagoon pool is just as good as the photo's and the indoor pool (which we used alot due to the poor weather) was lovely and warm. Gym looked great (key word.. looked :) i dont gym on holidays LOL)

Appartment: We were on level 11. Found the view to be lovely... overlooking the lagoon pool and you could clearly see the ocean. Rooms were specious and everything was in fantastic condition, as you would expect from a new appartment. Bathroom, well I can only speak for the ensuite... shower was terrible. You had to run around to get wet the pressure was that bad and the design wasnt very good as the whole bathroom floor got wet from the silly door design (a huge gap at the bottom.) Beds were nice and comfy, had lots of extra pillows in the cupboard to find just the right one. Hired a porta-cot for bubs... was quite old and could not believe $15 per night for it!!! almost cheaper to take one with you but who could be bothered when you are already carrying the kitchen sink.

Hope that helps :) feel free to msg me if you have any other questions.

Just had to add... the whole 3 towers business, VERY confusing. We ended up in the wrong tower on several occasions. OOPS.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family