“Don't bother”

and up
Gold Coast Infinity General Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Challenge your senses and ignite your imagination at INFINITY - a mind blowing 30 minute journey into 20 trippy, maze-like 'worlds of wonder' filled with special effects and illusions that go all the way to infinity! Some environments are beautiful, others mysterious, all are intriguing and totally unique. You'll groove and dance in some while others will make you laugh and scream! Infinity is a futuristic fun house and the first of its kind in the world. Often referred to as "a chemical free trip into other dimensions of the imagination and the senses" and "a sensory overload." Ideal holiday fun for all ages 8 and over and nationalities, great family entertainment. One Small step for man - One GIANT leap for entertainment
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 18 February 2008

Not at all what it looks like in the brochures!

It is dark, frightening, loud with things blowing in your ears, hanging in your face and walls that feel like they are sufercating you.

It was like being in a nightmare for me, 60% of the "maze" was in darkness which I hate. This was made worse, by the fact we couldn't get out, didn't know which direction to go in and alien faces in test tubes looking at you.

The girl on the counter said it would take 30-40 mins. In reality it took us 15 mins, paid $24.50 AUD and hated every minute.

One of the rooms has padded walls which feel like when you are walking through, get smaller and tighter the more you go through. For claustrophics, this is horrible!

Would not reccommend for children at all.

10  Thank JustMarriedWtgn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,816)
All reviews
in 95 reviews
"gloves"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed 3 November 2007

we were not really sure what this was all about when we read the brochure but took a chance anyway. i went with my 14 yr old son- we had the best time ever!!! best way to describe it would be think of those old dodgy mirror mazes and transport yourself into the future- dodgy these arent!!!!. this is a must see attraction for kids and adults alike. if your kids are a bit unsure of themselves just hold their hand and take the adventure together. if you have kids who love exploring and are full of confidence they will love it. i would tend to agree with some reviewers though - it could be a bit frightening for the younger child. 13 and above will think it is wonderfull! black lighting means you are given white socks and gloves to put on so that the people you are with can easily see you.

8  Thank tasmaniantiger
Reviewed 7 September 2007

In all the tourist mags, there are pictures of families going to Infinity and having fun. Don't be fooled - this is not suitable for kids.

When we paid at reception, they asked if the kids were scared of the dark. Both are are not scared of the dark and wanted to look at the "sparkley things" and go into the maze with their "glow in the dark" gloves on. So in we went....

1. The sounds in most of the rooms was up far too loud, it was like a rock concert. My kids had their hands over their ears from the first room onwards.... it was that loud - more than just unpleasant.

2. Some of the rooms are too dark for kids to find their way around. I had to carry two kids, screaming and crying with fear through all the rooms. While the Infinity terms and conditions say that "Young children must be able to walk through without assistance", in reality that's not going to happen. Both my kids froze up, screaming - it was like being in a nightmare for them. This was made worse, by the fact we couldn't get out.

3. The staff/management could see us having problems (courtesy of the video camera / night vision), but wouldn't let us out !! There needs to be a panic button in there and a working emergency exit. I went trying to find an emergency exit (I wouldn't have cared if the fire alarm went off) but couldn't actually find one.

4. Some of the rooms are way too scary for kids (pictures of heads, torsos etc..) not good! I don't want to think about the psychological affects this could have on them.

5. The girl at the end told me that she couldn't hear me because the sound doesn't work in there. Fortunately she could see me, as she guided us through the last 3 rooms. I was stuck crawling on the ground with 2 completely hysterical kids.

Stay away - don't put your kids through it. It's not all shiny lights and pretty sparkley things. If I knew what it was like beforehand, I would never have put my kids through this living nightmare.

18  Thank SimonAJohnson
Reviewed 6 August 2007

WOW! Words cannot adequately describe the INFINITY experience.
Infinity was without a doubt the most spectacular and memorable experience of our Gold Coast holiday. Totally amazing. Nothing at the theme parks comes close in comparison.
Can't wait to come back again.

8  Thank Taryn E
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 July 2007

I visited infinity with two children aged 10 and 6. We were given glow in the dark socks and gloves to feel our way around the rooms. The object is to go into each room and then find the exit in to the next room. The first few rooms were well done but it was when we got further into the experience into a couple of very dark and scary rooms. They were pitch black with scary sounds and things that you can feel but you don't know what they are. My kids were very scared in these rooms. We did not get any assistance from the managers. They told us before we went in that they would be watching on the TV monitors but obviously they were not. It would be very easy for people to panic in this situation. There needs to be a panic button somewhere on the wall for people to press if they get into trouble. I would not recommend it for children under the age of 10 but it could be fun for a group of teenagers.

12  Thank graciem