“Mixed ... he loved it, I hated it” 3 of 5 bubbles

and up
Gold Coast Infinity General Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Challenge your senses and ignite your imagination at INFINITY - a mind blowing 30 minute journey into 20 trippy, maze-like 'worlds of wonder' filled with special effects and illusions that go all the way to infinity! Some environments are beautiful, others mysterious, all are intriguing and totally unique. You'll groove and dance in some while others will make you laugh and scream! Infinity is a futuristic fun house and the first of its kind in the world. Often referred to as "a chemical free trip into other dimensions of the imagination and the senses" and "a sensory overload." Ideal holiday fun for all ages 8 and over and nationalities, great family entertainment. One Small step for man - One GIANT leap for entertainment
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Auckland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Mixed ... he loved it, I hated it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2008

This is a mixed review … my husband loved it, but he is a big kid and is not scared by much. He thought it was awesome. Me not so much, I spent the whole time with my eye’s shut and holding the back of his jeans, concentrating on breathing to avoid a panic attack. If you suffer from anxiety or clostaphobia this is not the place to go! 1 or 2 of the rooms were good, with lights etc… but walking in the dark with things touching your head and squeezing through tight padded walls in the dark is not my idea of fun.

When we arrived the 2 groups in front of us consisted of a father and son (about 6 years old) and a mother and 2 children (about 4 and 7) … the girl on the front desk assured them that it was not frightening and if they were not scared of the dark they would like it. Neither group got past the first room … all 3 children were crying.

If you are to go I would recommend you go at 10am when it opens, and not so busy .

4 Thank sarahjaneAuckland

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“TERRIBLE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2008

I guess the alarm bells should of rang when they make a big point at the start about 'no refunds'. Kinda obvious to me now just how many people would want them because this 'attraction' is just plain terrible and horrendously over priced. The brochure makes out it's a nice pretty light show and when I queried them before entering with my 7yo I was told it wasn't that scary and only 1 in a zillion people may not like it and if kids aren't normally scared of the dark then they'll be okay. I queried them at length about inside and they made out like it was no big deal ..... pppfft I got to the first room and didn't want to go any further myself let alone a small child. She spent the time crying and terrified. We waited for another group of people because I couldn't find the next room and it was just eerie by ourselves. You can't see where you have to go, you have to feel around a lot. 95% of the rooms are at a darkness level you cannot see without touch and to move to the next room you have to feel all the walls to find the exit. There was one or two rooms which were like the brochure, nice and bright and pleasant feeling. The rest were creepy. We just wanted to get the hell out but you cant. You have to keep going and it gets worse and worse. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse then to get in the next room you had to squeeze between these padded walls. It was just HORRIBLE and NOT FOR KIDS let alone some adults. I think the target audience for a place like this is teenagers or larger groups of people. I think I would of felt more at ease if I was with a group. I felt absolutely terrible for taking my daughter there, it was a big mistake. I have never seen her so terrified and there was nothing I could do to remove her quickly. There were no mid-way exits. We had to keep going and keep feeling around in the dark.

I wish I read the reviews on this site before going. This is not a family friendly attraction nor is it suitable for children. As another review said it is NOT a nice pretty sparkly light show like they make out in the brochure!

Having said all that the effects were quite fascinating. It was just hard to enjoy and appreciate the effects with a terrified child and I myself felt really uncomfortable too.

15 Thank coffeegal2
Redbank Plains, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good time- watch out for the ball room though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2008

Infinity is a lot of fun. Just be careful in the ball room- i went during schoolies so it was pretty packed. A group of guys were throwing the balls around (big exercise balls) and accidently pegged one at me and i fell against the glass walls and blacked out.... i lost my eftpos card & hotel card, which luckily got located when the staff went through at the end of the night to clean up. The junior staff member I told of the incident did nothing, but when I went back the next day to get my card I spoke to the manager who cleared everything up- did an incident report etc and as an apology sent me and two friends through for free and gave us free photos.

Although what happened sucked, it wasn't really infinity's fault and the manager was really friendly and sorted the situation out for me.

The actual rooms were pretty good.... really trippy and good fun. Would especially reccommend it to schoolies and the like, probably not too good for kids and families though as some of the rooms would probably be a bit scary.

2 Thank brissychick90
Budapest, Hungary
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Definately not fo kids!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2008

We have just returned from a lovely short break at the Gold Coast & feel obliged to write a review on the Infinity attraction at Surfer's Paradise. We were stuck for something to do on our final day in Surfer's as it was raining so we decided to take a look at Infinity as it looked quite interesting in the travel brochures with all the pretty sparkling lights etc. We are a family of 4 with 2 girls aged 10 & almost 2 and thought the rooms full of sparkling fairy lights(as is depicted on their advertisements) would be nice for our girls to see, how wrong we were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prior to purchasing our tickets we checked with the staff if it would be an appropriate attraction for our 20 month old and were told it would be no problem at all as although some areas are dark there is no "shock value". We were encouraged to allow her to walk through rather than holding her in our arms so that we could feel our way through. They asked us to read a disclaimer stating that kids scared of the dark were best not to enter & that once you have paid there is no refund and no way back out except to go through the entire attraction. As our girls don't have trouble with the dark in normal situations (and the reassurance by more than one employee that the attraction would be fine for our toddler ) we went ahead and paid the over priced entrance fee of $60 (for an approx 20 mins attraction.Received a 10% discount with a travel brochure coupon & our youngest was free).

Within seconds of entering the first room it was obvious that this was definately not appropriate for even our 10 year old let alone our 20 month old as there was very loud & scary ( for a child) music playing and absolute darkness which was quite intimidating for all of us!

There was no hope of our little one walking through as the floor is uneven in areas for added effects, it was completely dark and she was absolutely scared to death not to mention our 10 year old who was almost having a panic attack ( she was having a great time on the roller coasters 2 days earlier at D/world so she isn't normally a chicken). So my husband had to carry our youngest and also try to feel his way through the darkness to find the door to the next 19 rooms!

Out of the 20 different rooms we would say only one was appropriate for kids and that was the room filled with coloured fairy lights that is the picture on all of their advertising. The rest were very dark & quite scary for children.

By the time we got out our little one was very distressed and the rest of us were glad it was over!

Probably a great thing to do for a group of 16 - 25 year olds if they can afford the entrance price of $25 per person! ( thought it was a rip off for 20 mins entertainment and then they try to sting you again to purchase a photo of your experience!)

Definately not for children under 5 and I would stay clear even if your kids are under 10!

25 Thank familyof4Melbourne
InfinityAttraction, Guest Relations Manager at Infinity Attraction, responded to this review, 30 July 2015
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience at Infinity Attraction. We regret that you and your children did not enjoy the experience.

Our staff training is specifically geared to ensure that parents/guardians are fully advised about what to expect before entering. Our staff provide parents/guardians with information stating our recommendation that the Attraction may not be suitable for children under the age of 8 years. A detailed written warning card is given out to the adults in the group. There are additional warnings on the counter and also on the bottom of each individual ticket. We are very careful to ensure that people are fully aware of the nature of the experience before entering. I am also quite surprised that two staff said the 2 year old would be fine.

Infinity enjoys a very high level of repeat visitation and our guests consistently rate their overall satisfaction at over 90% in our Exit Survey, which demonstrates how much most people enjoy their Infinity experience. You may also like to know that our ratings on TripAdvisor also are better than the popular theme parks when comparing the combined 3-5 star ratings. Infinity to date rates at 91% and the theme parks range closely behind from 84% -90%.

By contrast our complaint rate is well under 1% of our total patronage, an enviable record compared to most other businesses. However, like any attraction or theme park, Infinity is not for everyone.

I am also sorry to hear that you feel that way in regard to the price of admission, and it is unusual, as most people (84% to date after 15 years of trading) have rated Infinity very highly on value for money. Certainly it is so, when compared to the cost of other entertainment options in Surfers Paradise and the uniqueness which separates it from anything else in the world.

You also have the option to pre purchase your admission tickets and receive a discounted entry along with various other discounts in local tourist books and websites that are always available. Staff also advise guests to take their time and some kids think it is a race to get to the finish of the maze. Our souvenir photo prices are consistent with the other tourist business in the area and the theme parks.

Thank you for letting us know the your concerns and areas you feel need improvement, we take your comments very seriously. We wish you all the best in the future
England
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Weird”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2008

this was a strange experience . You have to find your way around a lazer maze which plays tricks on your eyes. There are different rooms you have to find your way out of until you reach the end of the maze rooms. There is a room where you feel like you are miles above the ground, another you're in the middle of nowhere, another is competely pitch black etc.. It's amazing how your brain can play tricks as well as you're eyes.
Worth a visit just for the experience.

3 Thank ShelbyMJ