“Great service, great room, great breakfast”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, Australia
“Great service, great room, great breakfast”
Reviewed 12 February 2013

stayed in gold tower's 'ocean king spa deluxe' room.
we had just come from work, and were looking forward to simply relaxing and making the most of enjoying a one night stay, forgetting about the "real world"...
from the minute we arrived, staff at reception were very friendly and welcoming, attending to us the minute we walked in, and checked in without a fuss, within minutes. the guy seemed genuinely interested in how our day had been and wished us a good stay, if we needed anything, to ring or visit reception.
i was a hotel club member, so was informed of free late checkout and a free newspaper to our room in the morning! - an unexpected bonus!
carparking easy and (surprsingly) free! THANKYOU! a refreshing change to other hotels!
the room was on the 11th floor, so unencumbered by other buildings blocking views...and at the opposite end to the lift, so no chance of hearing the lift during the night.
room was amazing! exactly what i expected from photos. everything was clean and neat. very spacious. huge, comfy bed. lovely ocean view, with nice breezes to enjoy from our pivate balcony. bathroom and toilet separate from the bedroom, all very clean and decked out in green marble! spa was clean, and relaxing. fluffy towels and complimentary soaps were much appreciated. good space in robe for clothes and suitcase storage. big tv, comfy sofa.
we were very impressed with the room - just able to relax and enjoy our time. could have easily stayed there longer!
buffet breakfast in Relish was great - a little pricey for full buffet, but made it worth it with the attentive, friendly staff, HUGE selection and all delicious! loved the view into the pool/garden area from the restaurant. added to relaxed atmosphere.
quick, easy checkout, friendly service. pity we only had the one night. would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bluebutterfly714
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Dear bluebutterfly714,
Many thanks for your extensive review on your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and I do hope we have the opportunity to lokk after you again sometime soon.
David Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
MELBOURNE
Reviewed 12 February 2013

....and haven't even stayed there yet! I always request a room without an interconnecting door in my hotel bookings. Sometimes it can be accommodated, sometimes not. Never before have I been called by the reservation dept to let me know that all room types I booked have interconnecting doors, so that couldn't be accommodated, was that ok?

I am blown away. I used to work in hotels, including intercon who manages the property and am one of those dreaded people "who have traveled all over blah blah blah..." I have never received such attention to detail and brilliant service level.

Crowne Plaza res team - you are awesome. I look forward to my stay!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear MAGSROBO,
Thank you for posting your review before you have even stayed! That's a first for us I believe.
I very much appreciate your comments and have done a little investigating from my end and believe it was Deidre who contacted you. I will certainly pass on you commendation accordingly.
Thank you for selecting Crowne Plaza Gold Tower for your forthcoming stay.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2013

Great sized room, although it seemed a bit dated.
The view was just amazing. The room had a spa and was very well priced.

The location was a bit in the middle of nowhere.

Revolving restaurant and breakfast buffet were amazing! Good selection of food and nice views.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Vascariz,
Thank you for posting your review of your stay with us in March last year and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our facilities and services.
In relation to our location, we are situated on the boundary of Surfers Paradise, but we are geographically slightly closer to Broadbeach. There is excellent public transport adjacent to the hotel and we remain one of the few hotels on the Gold Coast who still offer our guests complimentary car parking.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I do hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again sometime.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We arrived in QLD at 8am for a wedding that afternoon. We had requested early checkin to ensure we could prepare and were pleasantly surprised with our room being ready at 930am!! (I had thought if we were in by 1 I'd be satisfied).
The room was a good size with comfy beds, a wonderful view, large bathroom and kitchenette which was a treat! With a child with allergies it was great to be able to prepare & store his food in the full size fridge.
We spent the morning by the gorgeous pool, in the gym & on our balcony... No need to leave! On arriving back in the early hours of the morning after the wedding, the staff were welcoming and seemed genuinely interested in how our night had been. Oh, and they were extremely helpful when we required a shaving kit then a sewing kit as we got ready for the wedding. Every request was quickly seen to and happy dealt with.
I wish we could have stayed longer, but had to return home for work. I'm already planning another trip for a long weekend up to Surfers and will not hesitate to stay at the Crowne Plaza.
The concierge service was faultless also helping with taxis, airport transfers and even a bandaid!!
The room was great but I think the friendliness of the staff really sold me on Crowne.

Room Tip: I think every room would have a great room. We stayed in the Gold Tower.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear MW162,
I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and that we exceeded your expectations upon check in. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Gold Tower as your accommodation choice for the wedding you attended (was it in our wedding chapel?) and I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you once again sometime soon.
Thank you for sharing your very kind comments with the TripAdvisor community at large.
Brisbane
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Big clean rooms. Friendly service. Best breakfast selection I think I've seen. The revolving restaurant is magnificent with the best sea food

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay would stay again definitely. We stayed for a conference & I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Brisvegas_Boy
Dear Brizvegas_boy,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for sharing your feedback accordingly. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I agree - we do offer an excellent selection at breakfast daily, and great seafood in Queensland's only revolving restaurant.
I hope we can look after you again, next time you choose to visit the Gold Coast.
Many thanks for your patronage.
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed for just one night at the Crowne Plaza Gold Tower on the way from Sydney further up the coast to Noosa, and took in Movieworld too. The room was very spacious, king bed, plus double sized sofa bed for the kids. Lovely set out bathroom and kitchenette which was a big plus.
We spent the afternoon by the pool, which was clean and a great size. All in all a very nice stay.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 25 January 2013
Dear pkje,
Many thanks for choosing to stay in our Gold Tower on your way up to the Sunshine Coast. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our service and facilities to your liking.
I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us once again in the not too distant future.
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have stayed in the Gold Tower of the Crowne Plaza a number of times now and have had a consistently good experience every time. Our last stay was in December and our room was a King Deluxe Spa Ocean View. We were on the 19th floor with a great view of the ocean. I especially appreciate the layout of the room which gives you a separate dressing area next to the bathroom with a large place to rest your bags and hang your clothes, The bathroom and toilet are also separate in this room configuration. There is a balcony with outdoor seating, a sofa and a king bed - quite a spacious room. I also inquired about the one bedroom suites on checkout and a staff member took me on a short tour of other options for when we stay again later in the year. The suites include a kitchenette and laundry so would be good value if we stay for longer. We have a Priority Privilege membership so had a discounted breakfast at Relish Restaurant - lovely buffet with a pleasant outlook over the pool area. First Avenue Tavern next door serves simple bistro type meals. The hotel is walking distance from the beach and a short drive to Pacific Fair Shopping Centre. Parking is free, staff are very helpful. A great place for us to stay when visiting friends on the Gold Coast.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sapphire5860
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 24 January 2013
Dear Sapphire5860,
Firstly, many thanks for your continuing patronage of our Gold Tower here at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise - and of course for sharing your feedback with other TripAdvisor followers.
I must also compliment you on the very accurate detail which you have highlighted with regard to the room layout and facilities in general.
I am so pleased to hear you continue to enjoy our services and hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again sometime soon.
david.brown@ihg.com
Mantra on View Hotel
Mantra on View Hotel
#12 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Gold Tower Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!