“Never stay here!!!!! ”

President Holiday Apartments
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for schoolies in November 2013. Will never recommend this place to anyone If they want an enjoyable stay.

The only positive I could think of was the location. Right on the beach.

We arrived the first day, the manager checked us in, gave us a key, we opened the room, it was the keys to someone else's room!!!

When we finally got to our room, it was dirty!! The floors were so dirty like they hadn't even been vacuumed for months. We had asked for 2 single beds, but were given a double.

There was no chairs or ashtray on the balcony. So I went down to reception and asked the manager
for chairs and an ashtray. He told me that there was no ashtrays in the apartment and just to use a empty bottle...... He said they would bring chairs up within an hour. 3 hours later no chairs, went down and asked for them. He said they would be up that night.

I kept asking for chairs... WE NEVER GOT OUR CHAIRS! This made me so angry because I just wanted to sit out on the balcony (very dirty, covered in cigarette butts and there was broken glass and an old window frame) and look at the view.

The manager was rude to me on multiple occasions, all because I was asking for chairs that we should of had! He allowed his very young children to crawl around the floor in reception... At the entrance to the reception there was a child proof gate.

It just had a horrible and dirty feel to the whole place. Definitely wasn't what we expected for our schoolies week, when we paid so much money. Some of my other friends paid less money and got so much better accommodation than us. Such a let down!

At the end of the week, as a condition to get our bond back we had to thoroughly clean the room. We even had to vacuum the room. It was cleaner the day we left, than it was the day we arrived.

Will never stay here again! If you want a relaxing, enjoyable schoolies or holiday, Do not stay here. You will be very disappointed. Only stay here as a last resort!!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Louloub1996

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed there on and off for 3 years for long periods,perfect location,very tidy and well maintained with very helpful managers,walking distance to everything and a great price,you cant go wrong..:-)ocean views from nearly every room.A great place for all occasions,exspeacially Christmas,easter,schoolies,600 races,sporting events,ironman etc.And the best surfclub around is just down the road(northcliff)

Room Tip: street noise is much less from floor 5 up
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Greg E
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed at the President for my 40th Birthday weekend and had a BBQ near the pool with some family and friends. The Managers were very accommodating and happy to help.

This place is situated right on the beach and an easy walk to Cav Av. It's a great spot to base yourself for a casual and relaxing break without spending a fortune on accommodation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Andrew N
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Recently stayed here for 3 nights and was very impressed. This hotel has it for location, right on the beach in the heart of surfers, just a 800m walk to cavil avenue with all the amenities you could want. The size and aspect of the one bedroom standard apartment on the 10th floor I stayed in was great with lovely ocean views to the north. The only niggle I had with the room was that it was not 100% clean with slightly dirty floor and traces of sand on both the lounge and in the sheets. Aside to this the gardens were very well maintained and the pool warm and inviting. I would definitely recommend these apartments to anyone looking for well priced accommodation in Surfers.

Room Tip: I recommend paying the extra $20 per night for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 8 January 2014

excellent location. we stayed in the 3 bedroom penthouse and were disappointed by how outdated it was, washing machine didn't work, NO air conditioning! everything was old and needed an update. very basic place for a "penthouse" however it was a good party place. the reception manager was hopeless, very unhelpful and always unprofessional. only supplied us with two toilet rolls and not enough towels. had to pay for extra and for dish powder... would not pay to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Cigarette butts in the grounds everywhere thrown by tenants. Not cleaned up for days. Pool pretty unclean and no one ever at reception. Curtains ripped in our apartment. And cupboards dirty.... Not well maintained at all. Stayed in penthouse on top floor and it was so dated I felt like is stepped back into the early 80s. Carpets Worn and bed covers dirty. I had to clean the kitchen before I used anything. Loved being able to walk onto the beach and into town. So close by but staying in this unit wasn't nice. The managers dont seem to have it together and aren't overly friendly. You dont often see them. They should be keeping the place clean and nice.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Jkarafa
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Brilliant location. 5 minutes walk to surfers restaurants etc. Right on surfers beach. Incredible spot. However pool and surrounds not overly clean. I only saw manager clean pool once during our stay. Unit not spotless. I needed to give it a clean when we first arrived. Building Looking a tad old. Floor carpets dirty near lifts. I think the building needs a big once over clean. We used to come here years ago and the building was maintained much better. I think the current management need a shake up. The building is location location location though.

• Stayed: July 2013