We spent 4 nights at The Breakers - We were very happy with the overall service and experience and would probably stay here again. I booked via email which was super easy as they responded quickly and answered all of my queries. I requested an apartment with an ocean view ($15 extra per night) and we were happy with our apartment (Level 5 room 33), we had a good view of the beach and could sit on our balcony and watch the surfers and bodyboarders. We were given clear directions on how to check in late so that wasn't a hassle at all. Apart from the sound of the waves crashing and kids playing in the pools the apartments were very peaceful and quiet, we hardly heard anybody else around us.
Our 1 bedroom apartment was very spacious and clean. the bathroom had a huge shower, vanity and mirror. The kicthen had a full size fridge, oven and cook top, dishwasher and all cutlery/crockery. The laundry was fitted out with a washing machine and dryer.
The pool was great, as were the sun lounges, BBQ area and the fact that the beach was just 2 steps through a gate from the hotel property.
We were allocated a secure car spot (at no extra charge) under the building which we hadn't requested, but we did end up hiring a car so it was good to have it available.
beach towel hire was only $2.50 a towel and they weren't strict about returning the towels, we just gave them back when we checked out.
The location was really good, a slow 20 minute walk along the beach or footpath to Caville Ave in Surfers paradise (we didn't want to be too close) and about 15-20 minutes in the other direction to broadbeach mall - about a 5 minute drive either way depending on traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers - This classic beachfront high-rise on the golden sands of Australia’s Gold Coast is perfectly positioned between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach.Five minutes north, and you’re in downtown Cavill Avenue soaking up the atmosphere of surf city. Five minutes south, and you’re in Broadbeach with it’s many great cafes and restaurants, home of Jupiters Casino, the international Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre and the shop till you drop Pacific Fair. No matter what time of the year, it always feels like summertime hereThe Breakers has a range of holiday apartments to suit all budgets and sizes.There’s the spacious one and two bedroom apartments all enjoying great ocean and hinterland views from their balconies, the 3 level beachfront cabanas in front of the main tower looking directly over the beach or the fully-renovated 4 bedroom penthouse – great for the extended family. Facing east, the magnificent tiled pool catches almost all-day sun and looks out over the fabulous beachfront BBQ terrace.All apartments at The Breakers have Foxtel cable TV and for those who need to work or just browse the internet there is Free Wifi. The friendly on site Management team take great pride in The Breakers to make your holiday enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Breakers Surfers Paradise
- Breakers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- The Breakers Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia