We just arrived home after staying in apartment 42 on level 7 for 6 nights. We wandered in off the street after being bitterly disappointed with the apartment we had been given at another establishment nearby. We found the staff at The Breakers to be very friendly and competent and upon hearing our tale of woe offered us apartment 42. The apartment was clean, modern, bright and spacious and offered a great standard of accommodation. Much more akin with what we are used to @ home.
The two balconies offered views of the both the city and the beach and we couldn't have been happier. We went to sleep with the sounds of the waves breaking on the shore rather than the sound of the traffic. We opened the windows in the kitchen slightly and took advantage of the cool night breeze.
Use of Foxtel on a large screen lcd was included in the price. The air conditioning was extra simply because previous tenants had not been conservative in their use. I had no issue with paying extra. After having an intial cool on arrival we saw no need to use the conditioner again.
The car park for no. 42 might be challenging for someone not familiar with their car - we had no trouble. The pool/bbq area and beach are accessable via a door in the basement. This meant easy access without disturbing other guests.
The location was wonderful and we appeared to be halfway between Surfers and Broadbeach. Either location was easily accessable.
We are a family of 4 with 2 small children. We hired a safe & sturdy portacot with bedding from The Breakers for 6 days for $45. We had an enjoyable stay and plan to return later in the year & ask for no. 42.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Breakers - This classic beachfront high-rise on the golden sands of Australia’s Gold Coast is perfectly positioned between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach.Five minutes north, and you’re in downtown Cavill Avenue soaking up the atmosphere of surf city. Five minutes south, and you’re in Broadbeach with it’s many great cafes and restaurants, home of Jupiters Casino, the international Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre and the shop till you drop Pacific Fair. No matter what time of the year, it always feels like summertime hereThe Breakers has a range of holiday apartments to suit all budgets and sizes.There’s the spacious one and two bedroom apartments all enjoying great ocean and hinterland views from their balconies, the 3 level beachfront cabanas in front of the main tower looking directly over the beach or the fully-renovated 4 bedroom penthouse – great for the extended family. Facing east, the magnificent tiled pool catches almost all-day sun and looks out over the fabulous beachfront BBQ terrace.All apartments at The Breakers have Foxtel cable TV and for those who need to work or just browse the internet there is Free Wifi. The friendly on site Management team take great pride in The Breakers to make your holiday enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Breakers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Breakers Surfers Paradise
- Breakers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- The Breakers Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia