“Lovely apartment with lovely view”
Review of The Breakers

The Breakers
Reviewed 16 February 2013

1.Lovely front desk staff who entertained our every request ( from places of interest, booking of buses and ever generous with her smile)

2. Lovely Ocean view. when i wake up in the morning, i would be faced with the glorious sunrise and the sight of the ocean waves. At night, it does get really breezy and cold though but still I loved it.

3. Apartment is quite spacious. Good for 4 people.

4. Location is good. In e middle of broadbeach and has some amenities nearby..although the distance to the heart of surfers paradise is a good 20 mins walk.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank eagleinsuit
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2013

I have to agree, our location is pretty good - the beach does not get any closer - straight out the gate onto the sand - thanks so much for sharing your experience.

There are newer reviews for The Breakers

Reviewed 7 February 2013

What a sensational place to stay, wish we could have stayed longer. We had amazing beach views, an awesome apartment that was spacious and clean, sensational pool and Lyn was so helpful and friendly. The location of The Breakers was within walking distance to great eating places and shopping, and the walk along the beach was magic. We endured the wildest weather but this did not dampen our stay in the least. We will be returning and will be recommending to everyone.

Room Tip: Pay the few dollars extra for a Superior Room
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and so glad you did enjoy your time with us, albeit shocking weather. Hopefully when you do come back next time we can turn on some wonderful weather for you!

Reviewed 12 January 2013

This was the second time we stayed at the Breakers and we'll definitely go back. Fantastic location with absolute beach frontage and a life-saving station right outside. The view along the beach and out to sea is stunning. The apartments are clean, spacious and comnfortable. We had 2-bedrooms and two bathrooms for us and the kids. Nice neat little kitchen meant we saved on meals and cable TV kept the kids busy. The pool is small but pleasant and it's an easy walk along the beach to either Surfers or Broadbeach, but far enough away from the main strip to be fairly quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dipper666
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and so glad you did enjoy your stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here a few weeks ago, the apartment was lovely (especially if you get one with beach views). It's an enjoyable 15-20 minute walk along the beach to get to the main part of surfers (a little quicker if you walk along the road). My only complaint is "complimentary internet" listed in the booking isn't really complimentary, its in the region of $10, $20 for an hour (can't quite remember), which I thought was a little cheeky!Either way, would stay again and recommend to friends.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2013

So glad you did enjoy your stay with us. I would like to clarify one thing though - the internet is complimentary - I think what you have done is tried to log on and seen that it requests you to accept a charge, however, this charge is credited back to you from the front office. I am so sorry for your inconvenience with that.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

My wife and I stayed in Apartment 43, which was beautifully presented, clean and well equipped, and above all offered superb north easterly beach views (towards Surfers Paradise). We loved the twin king bed, and waking to the ocean views to start each day. Stepping out the back gate directly on to the beach for our daily walk along the beach that takes us to both Surfers and Broadbeach eateries is a real joy! Will book the same apartment again next year!

Stayed: December 2012
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2012

It is wonderful to hear that you not only enjoyed our fabulous location but also the apartment that you stayed in. As you know all the apartments are individually owned and the owner of this particular apartment is very conscious of providing a lovely environment for guests and so deserves wonderful comments like yours. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beachfront haven again.

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Staying at "The Breakers" on December 2012.

Been email to "The Breakers" Lyn was the one who answer all my question.
She is very helpful and very patient. It was nice knowing her.

The apartment was GOOD! The beach view was very nice too! It is also because we were given a high level apartment. If i ever have a chance to come back again, i would choose to stay back. And would recommend to my friends!

Min

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 88Min

Thanks for your kind words - we are always here to assist where/when we can and it will be a pleasure to see you again when you next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

After reading all the wonderful reviews on trip advisor we were very excited to be staying in such a well appointed establishment. Well how disappointed were we. Holidaying with my husband, brother and sister-in-law we were all looking forward to a lovely superior beach front apartment. The apartment was beach front but that was the only beautiful thing about it. We have all travelled through out the world and 4 1/2 star apartments are usually that 4 1/2 star. When we complained about it on Sunday we were told no one has ever complained about that room 24.In the main bedroom the queen sized bed had been broken and then reinforced with a steel side. The ensuite had hair and mould in the shower and a railing missing on the door which left holes in the door. The tiles throughout the whole apartment were full of fluff and dirt. The second bedroom (after paying $22 to have two king singles made into a queen bed) had a faulty light that when you turned on would flicker all the time. The kitchen after spending 30 minutes to look for the lights that where hidden in the cupboard was very old and tacky. The oven and fridge were all rusty. Lucky I sat on the kitchen chair and realised that it was broken before someone seriously was hurt. We reported it to the weekend manager and was told oh no not that chair again and the handy man would fix it. We never saw him.The lamp in the loungeroom was stuck together with duct tape. Only one light in the loungeroom was working. We all understand that its not the managers fault but they should seriously get the owners in of the apartment to update the whole apartment and not just a lick of paint. Oh that was falling off anyway. I am so sorry to be making such a bad review but what we thought we paid for definatly was not what we got.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Joanne0303
Breakers7, Manager at The Breakers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Just one clarification for you - our property is rated 4 star and not 4 1/2 star and it was unfortunate that you were disappointed with the apartment you stayed in. When you came down to voice your concerns and I mentioned that other guests had not been unhappy with the apartment - this was certainly a fact - many guests have been very happy with that particular apartment and actually do request it and as I mentioned to you everyone has a different opinion/expectation.
I would like to address your issues one by one - the main bed does have a reinforced steel side plate which normally is not something that is even noticed - this bed was damaged by another guest when it was quite new and was repaired this way to ensure future guests do not suffer any discomfort - I agree it is noticeable if you look for it but it is not at all visible unless you remove the covers and to date we have not had any other reports about it and it obviously has not hindered the comfort of past guests.

I have to say I was surprised with your comment re the mould/hair/fluff/dirt as we do pride ourselves in the way our cleaning staff operate and if the light was not functioning properly in the bedroom it would have been replaced if you had mentioned that. I agree it is quite a nuisance that the light switches are hidden in a cupboard in the kitchen and I will rectify that with a sign. I agree there is a very small line of rust at the bottom edge of the oven, however, the fridge is fine.
I do apologise for the broken chair - I did say to you that I would have it fixed by our handyman and I totally forgot about it - it has now been repaired. Re the lamp that was stuck together with duct tape - this was necessary as we did not have time to do a proper repair prior to your arrival, otherwise you would not have had a lamp in the living room and it was hidden under the shade so really was not obvious. This has now been properly fixed. If there was only one light working in the lounge room I do apologise for that, however, one phone call would have rectified that.

I am sorry that these issues caused you such anguish but everything is fixable and we are here to help rectify any problems if notified - unless of course I forget - once again I apologise for that chair. I think your expectation may have been considerably higher and we certainly are not 5 or 6 star - we do, however, provide a very clean, comfortable property and as you said yourself you came to us because of all our wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#1 of 16 in Broadbeach
Novotel Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
#14 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to The Breakers? Share your experiences!