“Location.Location,Location!”

Paradise Centre Apartments
Reviewed 25 November 2008

My partner and i stayed at the Breakfree Paradise Centre for 5 nights.
The location was fantasic....right on Cavil Ave!
If you want to be right in the heart or everything (Resturants,Cafe's,Pubs,Clubs,Shopping,Markets,Attractions) then this is the perfect place to stay.The hotel facilties (including the Pools,Spas,Saunas,Tennis Courts etc) were always kept clean and were great.The hotel has two swimming pools to cater for both towers.They both also have spa's - which are very warm.
The only negative comment about this hotel would be the apartments.It is time for them to have a refurbishment.They are still very clean and comfortable, but the furniture needs upgrading.
Otherwise they have all that you need!
All rooms have ocean and city views....which are amazing! Although there is alot of constuction going on in the Gold Coast.
The rooms are not very noise-proof- during the day you hear constructions (starting early morning) and during the night your hear the nightclubs.
Overall i would recommend this hotel to both families and couples.The location is great!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OzAgent08

Reviewed 15 March 2008

Well...what can I say???

These apartments were amazing...you wake up in the morning and you look out onto the Ocean...life just doesn't get any better than that, does it??

The apartments were VERY spacious - we had a three bedroomed apartment, HUGE living area, kitchen with dishwasher, fridge freezer, all amenities, microwave (saying that, you're so close to Cavill Mall, the heart of Surfers, we very seldom cooked) - laundry room with washer and dryer, cleaning materials. The room that myself and my friend shared also had a desk, so it could be used as an office as well. All rooms had lovely built in mirror door wardrobes, The room that my cousin and her two young kids shared had an en suite bathroom and walk in wardrobe - and they provided a rollaway bed for them too.

The flat was fully air conditioned - lovely balcony that overlooked the ocean...you've gotta watch the sun come up and go down...its breathtaking...

Local facilities are faultless...there's literally millions of restautants, bars, etc that are around. We ate out a few times at the Search and Rescue Club just off Cavill Ave - if you look out of your room and see a buidling called The Mark, its in the bottom of there - looks nothing from the outisde, but inside its lovely - meals amazing, so so cheap!!

The hotel facilities were amazing also, heated pools - jacuzzi which was DEVINE - and all of this overlooking the ocean...

There's also a tennis court, and a gym which I discovered on my last day there unfortunately, as well as fantastic BBQ facilities.

I found the staff really helpful - we had booked my uncle and aunt to come up from Brisbane for the weekend as a present for their Golden Wedding Anniversary - so we had asked where they would be placed - the girl at the desk said that they would be in the other tower, but she would put them in our tower, so as to be closer to the family...no problem.

The only thing I would say about this hotel is that they don't service the rooms unless you're staying for more than 7 nights...which was a bit of a pest..but we still loved every minute of it - we also hired a DVD player for the room - $50 for the week - and this was delivered and installed in our room within the hour...great service

I could go on and on forever, I thought that these apartments were amazing...fab facilities for families, quiet enough for older people, amazing view.....

I'll definetly be back there next time I'm in Australia!!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank Debs M
Reviewed 25 September 2007

I have just been reading some reviews of this property and was amazed at how many people have had bad experiences. Our Family on the other hand can't rave about the Property enough to everybody. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment on the 24th Floor in the first tower. Very very spacious, clean and comfortable. Views were amazing and the locality was perfect. Having teenagers, it was great that they could pop downstairs when they wanted and be in amongst it all. People at Reception were very willing to help with any information that we needed. Our son left his watch behind at one of the pools and it must of been about 9pm at night when he realised he didn't have it. We rang Reception and they put us on to the Security Man. He looked over the video tapes and found the culprits who picked it up and was able to follow them to their room and retrieve it. Unbelievable, that he took the time to do that. The only problem with this place is that you have to book so far in advance because it is soooo popular. Wouldn't hesitate to come again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Chipie7
Reviewed 15 May 2007

I would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. The photos on their web site (---www.stellaresorts.com.au/) look nothing like the room you stay in. The room is very old and it smells like cigarettes. The kitchen and bathroom were dirty. My partner and I were so disappointment with the room, we were actually considering leaving earlier than planned. The air-conditioning was so old and it smelt when you turned it on. The rooms are only cleaned on the 7th day of your stay and we were only given two towels for our 7 day stay. The only thing about the hotel that was good was the location. It was central and close to the shops and beach. But for the price I paid it was not worth it. It was a horrible experience for my partner and I.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MariaAustralia
Reviewed 3 May 2007

DISGUSTING ... i could not express that enough....yellow nicotine celings with a whiff of sick in a non smoking appt.....
like the guy on the desk said 4 stars apply to the facillities not the condition of the rooms that are privately owned......
all they had was a dated worn out pool .....4 star price though remember......
talking to other guest it was the same ... thank god we were only staying the wk end .....let me say this once more Disgusting
i would rather spend the night with a brown snake in a tent...
love
lou n shane 20 somethings x

Stayed: April 2007
4  Thank loushane
Reviewed 2 March 2007

We stayed in the Ballah block 12th -19th feb.

After a long flight from the uk we where looking forward to checking in to our room. check-in was good, parked the car made our way to the room on the 24th floor opened the door had an amazing view of the ocean but the rooms where shocking no attempt had been made to clean the place chewing gum on the floor spilt juice on the carpets sand in the showers and bedroom carpets, the wife went to complain house keeping came in and looked at the mess made an attempt to clean up, i decided i was'nt happy so went to see the manager i asked for a other room he said there were none so i asked for a refund and i would move to another hotel at that his boss walked in and asked the problem i explained and low and behold they did have another room went and checked it out it was alot better and also a even better view it was on the 16th floor moved to this room.

ok rant over.

the breakfree centre is in a great location loads of places to eat and drink plenty close by to keep you entertained the beach is only 50 meters away over the walkway only a 15-20 min drive to the theme parks, the pools and hot-tub are great ,tennis, gym and sauna also.
also i liked the key fobs that you needed to operate the lift and access the carpark.
I would class this as a 3* because of the accomodation rooms do need a upgrade will try elsewhere first before i would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Haggis-man
Reviewed 23 February 2007

I booked this hotel thinking it was one of the "better" hotels in Surfers.
I didn't mind the price as I had just cancelled a trip to Hamilton island due to the bad weather at the start of January.
Sadly, I can say that the only good thing about this place was the location.
The carpet was old, soiled and smelly. The "queen" sized bed was in fact two single beds literally just pushed together.
We found dirty tissues just under the bed, which made me question wheter the place had actually been cleaned prior to our arrival.
I could ramble all day regarding the shortcomings of this so called 4 star establishment. Suffice to say, that we the amount of travel I have done (both in Australia and overseas), I'm surprised at the fact that they still retain this 4 star rating.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family