“Rude & Unhelpful Staff & Dirty Rooms”

Grosvenor Beachfront Apartments
Reviewed 22 February 2014

My husband & Family planned a weekend away for me as a surprise for my 40th Birthday and because a family member had recommended this place, he decided to book one night here. As a last minute decision we decided to add another night. So I rang the reception to book another night and the voice on the other end was rude and unhelpful. From that one phone call I had a bad feeling about the whole place but I didn't want to be ungrateful that my husband had organized this for me. When we arrived it was pass the check in time for arrival so my niece had picked up all our keys for the group so we could go straight to our rooms. Getting in the lift up to our room was a mission as we all couldn't fit in the elevator cause it was to small for 5 people and all our luggage. So we had to take 2 trips up to our room. Once getting to our floor and finding our room we had a lot of trouble with the lock on the door, sticking and became frustrated with the lock, eventually my husband opened the door and found the room small dated, dusty, not very clean but the view was amazing. The locks on the sliding doors to the balcony didn't work probable and was uneasy leaving the sliding doors open. The ceiling fan in the second bedroom didn't work so we had to opt for just opening the windows to let some air into the room as it smelt musty. When my nephew and his family arrived the room hadn't even been cleaned from the previous guests so on contacted the after hours number and was given another room for the night. But with having a young family he stayed in the second room they were given, as it was a hassle to pack everything up. The next day my husband went down to reception to pay for the room and was told that we had to pay a deposit incase we broke anything of $150.00 bond which I wasn't happy with considering the state of our room as unacceptable but was informed that it would be refunded after 5 days. The next day we checked out the women on reception insisted that we go with her to inspect the rooms to make sure that we had left the rooms in a reasonable condition, I was shocked at this, consisting the room was uncleaned when we arrived. I was not happy at all. A week after we checked out we are still waiting for our deposit of $150.00 to be refunded back to our credit card. So my husband rang the apartment building to make an enquiry and was told that it's our responsibility to contact our bank to get the refund back, What kind of apartment building is this!!!!!!! He was shocked by the response of the person he was talking to and asked what the person's name was and he hung up on my husband. We contacted our bank and was told that the apartment building can release the hold on the deposit straight away and that it was from pure laziness on their behalf. WE WOULD NEVER EVER STAY HERE AGAIN AND THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR 2 NIGHTS IS ridiculous. THE ONLY POSITIVE THING THAT CAME OUT OF THE WEEKEND IS HAVING MY FAMILY WITH US. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEMEND THIS APARTMENT BUILDING TO ANYONE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!! Save your money and stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Gina C

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed 3 nights at Grosvenor and found the place to be very convenient - situated in the heart of Surfers Paradise and what more the beach only across the road. The accommodation was very basic - the balcony had prestige ocean views. I was hoping to use their sauna facilities but was told at the lobby it was not working and a technician had been called. Sauna wasn't up and running all that time I stayed there. Overall it was a good stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This place shows many signs of age but it's location is fantastic all the rooms have beach views and the room sizes are very generous. I had a 1 bedroom place which was almost as big as my 2 bedroom apartment back home. You will pay a premium during December January but if you can travel out of peak this place is a great place at the right price.

You won't get much support from reception as they are open the bare minimum but if your a self supportive type of traveler this place is nice. Pool and BBQ area is really nice but the lift buttons date from the 1970's I think but the lift seems ok despite this.

No fuss reasonable accom with great location.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for somewhere reasonably priced, centrally located and friendly, you will not be disappointed. For the money we spent here compared to other places, we were very happy. The apartment was large, and close to everything. The only advice I would offer is to take ear plugs as there can be a lot of yahoos in Surfers Paradise!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

we stayed here 2 weeks ago, couldn't fault it in any way, Zac was very pleasant and helpful, the room we stayed in was a great, great views of and endless ocean, it was clean and tidy, just a short stroll to cav ave, across from the night markets, was excellent. this was the second time we stayed here and we will again when finances allow, we will definatley be back for a short stay sooner rather than later.Thank you for a very comfortable and hassle free holiday. cheers Karen and Don

Room Tip: try and book a room facing south you wont be dissappointed
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nannakaren58
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is the 5th time we have stayed in this complex, staff were excellent, very helpful and friendly. They have upgraded the Barbeque area and it I great and very new and tidy. We stay here because of value for money, convenience to shops, and of course the wonderful, never ending view of the ocean and coastline, we have even sat on the balcony and watched whales at play not far from shore. Awesome stay, thank you Zac and Wendy.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very Happy with our stay, my friends and i enjoyed our time their, facilities were good, pool and spa were amazing, view over the beach was second to none, all facilities that were mentioned were included, which also was every channel on foxtel, which was nice. only issue was the gentleman who was at reception was a little rude, very short with myself and my friends, but other than that other staff were great, would defiantly return, picked up the room for a absolute bargain.

thanks

Room Tip: try and request a room with a view over the ocean, its amazing
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends