“Whale of a time!”
Review of The Penthouses

The Penthouses
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed in the 3 bedrooms apartment with beach view and were truly amazed when in two occasions we spotted whales from our balcony. The first experienced we spotted over half a dozen or more whales heading up north. We were ecstatic and my niece & nephew have bragging rights that they have seen whales for the first time from the hotel room...how cool is that?
Marissa & Mike (management) were most hospitable and helpful. All our tickets for the theme parks were organised thru her and she even recommended and pointed us the way to Harbour Town for our shopping needs. We can't thank you enough.
The location is very handy as per reviewed by many other but no mentioned of whales spotting. If you are looking at booking this serviced apartment during the whales migration period...bring a binoculars (highly recommended).
Sorry for the late review (been busy) and regards to Marissa, Mike & family from Brian & Joey and our extended family from Malaysia. When I head up that way again, I'll definetely stay at the Penthouse Apartments again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Penthouses

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Stayed recently at The Penthouses in a 3 bedroom apartment - was awesome! Stayed with 2 children / 4 adults and it was plenty big enough. Nice and spacious and we were lucky to have a recently renovated apartment which had amazing beach front views and access. Lovely big bedrooms and clean, modern feel. Great friendly staff and nice and close to Broadbeach and Surfers - only a short walk away from various restaurants / surf clubs etc. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Stayed for a long weekend at The Penthouses recently and was very pleased with the accommodation. We had two 3 bedroom units booked for a very reasonable rate.
I can see that there can most certainly be a difference between the furnishings and inclusions for each room but the 2 we had were great. Very large 3 bedders with plenty of room for groups and families.
Back gate opens onto the beach with flags and patrols almost out the front.
If you are looking for somewhere central between Surfers and Broadbeach at a reasonable price I cannot recommend this place more.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EM023
Reviewed 7 October 2012

The apartment we stayed at looked very modern, it was a beautiful apartment and I was really impressed by the decorating the little pieces added to the apartment..nice and roomy, great for a heap of friends or family... we had a nice view of the beach... I could not fault our apartment

Room Tip: Room 16 level 5 I think I stayed in
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I recently stayed at The Penthouses, Surfers Paradise. 11 of us travelled from NSW to celebrate a Girlfriends 40th birthday. We had two rooms, both rooms were very spacious, with good quality furniture. We had more than enough room for everyone. I enjoyed the location, right on the beach and the local shops/amenities were in walking distance. The Managers appeared to be extremely friendly, helpful and willing to go out of their way to make our stay more pleasurable. The check-in and out process was so easy and because we had late flights, we were able to check out of our room and leave our bags onsite until we were ready to travel to the airport. The pool and spa were clean and it was nice to sit and relax while feeling the cool sea breeze. Both of our apartments had a balcony, overlooking the beautiful ocean and the weather was spectacular. I recommend staying at The Penthouses. For a 3.5 star Hotel, you really do get the 5 star service. I definitely needed the break and came home well refreshed. Thank you to the staff at The Penthouses for making our stay worthwhile, we will definitely be back - Great Value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I stayed at The Penthouses with my two teenage children, husband and my mother and we were really happy with the experience. It was located where I wanted to be, between Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise and an easy walk to both. Slightly closer to Surfers Paradise. I also wanted absolute beachfront, which this provided, so we could walk out of the back gate directly onto the beach, 100m from the patrolled beach. So overall, really pleased with the location.

We had a three bedroom apartment, which seems to follow the same floor plan as others. It runs along the side of the block, so that the lounge room has a large balcony overlooking the beach. The back two bedrooms also had balconies overlooking the pool. The apartment was spacious, as were the bedrooms and it was nicely decorated. Two large bathrooms, two toilets and a nice kitchen. Each unit is owned individually, so each apartment would be decorated differently. I'd definitely go there again and we had a lovely holiday. Bus for Seaword stops right outside too. Pool is on the small side but there are tennis courts, spas, bbqs and table tennis.

We had apartment 10, so would recommend this one, apart from the fact that the parking space is really difficult as it is right next to the lift well. If you have a large car, some swearing may be involved! Staff were helpful and friendly. Slight annoyance was the fact that there were no family sized saucepans but this was rectified when pointed out to management. The only other criticism would be the beds in the third bedroom. The bunk bed is one of those cheap metal frame ones and creaked every time my daughter turned over so she ended up sleeping with Grandma in the double bed.

But those are my only criticisms and they didn't spoil our holiday in any way. So if you're looking for a large apartment in a great location, suitable for a family this would be one to consider.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank catupover
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We are from New Zealand and this is our third time at The Penthouses, we have loved every stay and will go back again. This time we stayed on the 10th floor on the left side of the building and got sun all day. The location is stunning immediate beach front and 20 minutes walk to both Broadbeach and Surfers central, 45 minutes to Pacific Fair. We had a gorgeous, huge three bedroom two bathroom apartment, fully equipped kitchen and laundry and enormous balcony. Great facilities with pool, spa, tennis court, games room and bbq. Excellent value for money.
Our Hosts Marissa and Mike were fantastic couldnt do enough for us and made our holiday really special. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family