“Popular breakfast joint - and a note to the restaurant”
Review of Cafe Bambini

Cafe Bambini
Ranked #98 of 380 Restaurants in Townsville
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Brisbane
“Popular breakfast joint - and a note to the restaurant”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Dined here with friends three mornings in May 2014 - during the Groovin' The Moo concert weekend.

Firstly, coffees were terrific.

Secondly, breakfast dishes were always tasty, but over the 3 mornings we were a sometimes a little annoyed with waiting times (given that was quite busy).

Lastly, BAMBINI TAKE NOTE PLEASE, on the last morning I ordered two Bambini Big Breakfasts, switching bread type out on both. Waiting 30mins for our identical breakfasts arrive, my plate was MISSING the two poached eggs and sausage - now this is a simple mistake by the kitchen so I politely asked for them........................and then waited..................and waited...................and waited.............my friend feeling sorry for me shared an egg and half sausage with me, and had time to finished their meal............................and I waited..................all during which I spoke with the serve staff twice, and made eye contact numerous times, and saw at least 6 other breakfasts leave the kitchen all whilst I waited.........................BAMBINI, next time you stuff up an order, put that said fix-up on the kitchen's top priority! Simple!! I waited over 20mins for the rest of my meal to arrive, by then my beans were cold, toast inedible. VERY DISAPPOINTED. It was nice of you to also offer our table double the food that was missing from my plate, but seriously, who wants twice as much food as ordered when everyone has already finished eating.

Bambini, I see you've got several Bambini's around Townsville now, congratulations on growing your business, it looks to be booming - please keep up the service and food standards that got you into that position.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ausmatt

“Coffee institution in Townsville”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Undoubtly set the bar for the cafe scene in Townsville.
Might have a little wait but worth it.
Once been there, you'll go nowhere.

Cahir, Ireland
“Superb food & friendly service!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I spent two weeks on holiday Townsville & went to Bambini a couple of times. The staff were very happy and friendly and the food was superb every time. Staff always made sure we had plenty of water etc. Would go back in a heart beat.

• Visited September 2013
Innisfail, Australia
“excellent service”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

friendly staff especially Andrew
He was checking to see if all customers had what they needed
We will be back on the 30th of May with my parents we will buy lunch next time.

• Visited May 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“poor value”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Attended gregory street bambini for lunch. Staff very good, basic small lunch menu. My wife ordered smoked chicken, mango and avocado salad. DISGRACEFUL dish. Chicken not smoked appeared to have been boiled and totally devoid of any flavour whatsoever, only 4 yes 4 minute pieces of chicken. Mango barely made the plate and mushy, advertised honey macademias, four made the plate. Avocado once again barely made the plate. If you are a fan of rocket then you would have loved this salad as that was the ingredient that made up 95 percent of the dish. This was served up after having paid nearly 20 dollars. Be warned this cafe is money up front. Perusal of other diners revealed entree sized lunch at ridiculous prices for what you receive. My caprese salad, well lets just say ordinary. We are residents of townsville and in future will remain on the strand for lunch where the venues are far superior.

• Visited April 2014