“Four hats”

Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Melbourne
“Four hats”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I stayed three nights during the Australian Chamber Music Festival. I was impressed by the location,cleanliness, amenities,and efficient and friendly staff who dutifully took photos of me wearing the vintage hats I located in Townsvilles amazing antique shops.

Room Tip: I like a room with balconey. I always take ear plugs when I travel so noise does not disturb my slee...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Carl F, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this review, 25 September 2012
Dear Four Hats

I am really glad you enjoyed a little bit of culture up here in Northern Queensland. Townsville is developing a great reputation for putting on stunning events from the Chamber Orchestra to the V8's to the Groovin the Moo concerts and much much more. I am sure those Vintage hats kept you safe in our beautiful sun drenched city.

Thank you for your review in particular the comments regarding our service levels.

Carl Forrest

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Port Douglas, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed for 2 night August 31-September 1 in a 1 bedroom apartment great staff, beautiful bed, free internet, very roomy, great amenities and so handy to the restaurants on Palmer st ....more about them later ....could not fault this hotel ....will be back!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Steve F
Carl F, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Steve F

Music to my ears when I see the words "could not fault this hotel"....the ultimate statement of praise for a team. It means my team has delivered on all expectations.

Steve F thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!!!!

regards

Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed for 2nights for business. Hotel looks Like it has had a recent renovation. Very new and well looked after. I stayed in a hotel room which was roomy, and friends had an apartment which had excellent amenities. Hotel staff where always friendly at all times of day, and more than happy to help. Great location near restaurants and bars, and a pleasant walk to the water front. Pool is quite small but still clean and has a good amount of sun. Would stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Carl F, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear kai73
Always a pleasure to have a well travelled senior reviewer stay with us and enjoy their stay. Great to see your fabulous comments about the hotel and its services and even more pleasing to see my team delivering on their service promise!!!! Palmer St really is the best location to stay in Townsville with plenty to offer families and we ticked all the boxes with you and your friends.

Look forward to having you back.

Noosa
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed 3 nights as a wotif mystery deal and for $117 a night were not disappointed. Didn't use the gym or pool but pool looked inviting. The staff are friendly. Room service was very quick and nothing was too much trouble. Would prefer a 1 Brm apt next time. The king room was good but the balcony in apartments look a lot bigger.

Dear Amanda24478

Stunning review thank you. Yes you must stay in a 1 bedroom apartment suite next time. The King rooms are fabulous but the apartment Suites have much larger balconies and a large lounge area to sprawl out in. My team are focused on the guest and their needs and I am glad this resonated with you during your stay.

Enjoy the week ahead!!!

Greater Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed here by chance last time I was in Townsville and made a point of coming back. The beds are super-comfortable and the service and location are very good.

The room service breakfast menu is particularly impressive: everything from eggs Benedict to pancakes with strawberries.

2 Thank Sonorou
Carl F, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Sonorou

I always appreciate feedback from a Senior reviewer!!!! Really appreciate your comments about our comfortable beds and we have worked really hard on our room service offering moving away from the standard Hotel offering.....what other hotel offers Eggs Bendict for breakfast??? Great to see you have tried Jam Corner and subsequently reviewed.....Matt runs a great operation and we are pleased to partner with him for our chargeback facilities.

Sonorou keep[ up the reviews and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back t the hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed for 1 night after a long 2 days of driving from Brisbane. Bed is comfy and in a great location. Front reception staff are very helpful. Only downer having to pay for secure parking. We look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed August 2012
Carl F, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this review, 19 August 2012
Dear Mummabek

Nice review and great to see you travel up to Townsville often. You are right about the beds....I think I have lost count of the number of comments I have received about how comfortable they are. We do provide our guests two options for parking, they being outdoors which is complimentary and additional under cover secure parking of which there is a notional charge of $10.
Mummabek we certainly love your support of the local dining options in Palmer Street and my recommendations would be Jam Corner for Breakfast, and Salt Cellar for Dinner or for something more casual then you are right on the money with Outback Jacks.

Keep up the great reviews and we look forward to welcoming you back to Townsville!!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Got this hotel as a mystery wotif.com deal, the rooms were clean and nice however was a little disappointed with the room service prices because the meal sizes seemed not worth it at all ad the food was bland. Gave it a second chance the next day, again small meal sizes with little to no taste. The hotel itself is really nice, large rooms, and the staff were mostly friendly. We had a room facing the main street and it was really noisy on the Friday and Saturday nights until late. Just the room service meals and street noise let the stay down.

Room Tip: If you are staying on a weekend try and get a room away from the main street, we had bar music and y...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear J_Rostagno

Thank you very much for your comments......room service seems to be a hot topic and this is the first substandard review I have received.....so I would love to know more so I can fix it....please contact me on gm@grandhoteltownsville.com.au....would love to know what you had because we love our guests and we are always looking for opportunities to refine our offering to ensure we exceed expectations.

Look forward to hearing from you.

kind regards