Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville
US$174
  • Pool
Park Regis Anchorage(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$350
US$337
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville(Townsville)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$243
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Quest Townsville(Townsville)
City Oasis Inn(Townsville)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspillow menuone bedroom apartmentpalmer streetgreat locationwasher dryerboom gatesecure undercover parkingvictoria bridgesome great restaurantsribs and rumpsrestaurants and pubsreception staffacross the roadan upgrademini barsmall balconyking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor for 4 nights. From the moment we drove into the full carpark we were looked after. Dale on reception was extremely accommodating. He always made sure we had somewhere to park. Checkin was quick & our request for extra linen for the pull out lounge was brought up immediately. The apartment was clean, well set out & had complimentary tea, coffee & toiletries. We also had a choice of pillows which was awesome.
The hotel is is centrally located ... Many restaurants within easy walking distance. The beatiful Strand is close by for a lovely morning walk & breakfast.
I did find being on Palmer street a little noisy .. People leaving venues late at night & also the hustle bustle of rubbish trucks & the like early in the morning. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our long weekend at The Grand

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ShezH
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Located centrally this is a good, clean, quiet option for families. Lots of restaurant choices nearby - even night spots too. But considering being int he hub of the nightlife - very safe and very quiet. There are lots of boutiques located in the street and a short walk to the central shopping district of town.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 20 July 2014

upon having another place cancel our booking due to overbooking the rooms i rung and spoke to Holly at the grand hotel and she was great she told me about the deal they had on with the king apartment at the price of a standard kind room i was so happy with her help as the weekend was special for us, when we got there it was a speedy check in and holly also booked us into ribs and rumps for our dinner i would recommend this hotel over any hotel in townsville the apartment was very clean the bed was great to sleep on and we were able to have a 12 check out which was great as well i can not express how much we enjoyed a weekend that started out not so good and if the boss of the hotel reads this holly is such a bright and happy person and thats what alot of hotels are lacking

Room Tip: no tips in choosing a good room as they are excellent
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank magan p
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I travel a lot for my work and I have stayed in many motels. Recently I had my 10th stay at Grand Hotel in Townsville and not only was I up graded to a lovely one bedroom apartment but also in my room was a beautiful bottle of Margaret River Shiraz thanking me for my 10th stay. When one travels as much as I do it is really lovely to have a home away from home. At the Grand I can stay in and cook myself dinner or I can choose to dine at one of the many restaurants on Palmer St. Great place to stay, staff are really friendly and helpful, convenient to all types of restaurants. Also many thanks to them for the wine - 10/10

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The best thing about this hotel are the very accommodating, friendly staff. Really I think it was the best experience of front reception staff I have ever had(in Australia anyway). Lara was very friendly yet remained professional at all times. No problem for me to change rooms. Lovely young man on night shift - cant remember his name. Very helpful with restaurant suggestions and nice engaging conversation.

The Hotel itself is in a great location. Palmer Street full of restaurants just out the door. The CBD minutes way and The Strand and Ferry Terminal 10 - 15 min walk.

The layout of the room was spacious. Bed really comfy. Furniture a little uncomfortable though and bathroom ok with a washer/dryer bit randomly stuck in the corner. Shame makes the room old fashioned should be maybe hidden with doors and it seems a bit of a dust bowl as I get dropping things behind the washer - had to put my toiletries on top of the washer as the washbasin counter not very big. Why do they do this in hotels? They must realize people staying would have cosmetics bags etc...

Cleanliness would give 7 out of 10. There was a glass in the cupboard with lipstick stains and bathroom tiles look bit old) First room was bit noisy with traffic whizzing past on the bridge outside(even with the door closed). I moved to top floor facing Palmer St with a little traffic noise but this was muted as traffic slower and its nice to see the restaurants below. The staff very thoughtfully did offer various room options. There are no "views" of ocean though as this is a four story hotel mostly facing the city.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor facing front or side next to car park have limited noise(but then you have view of car park)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Troy S, General Manager at Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hi MinyamaMum,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed and supportive review with the Trip Advisor community.

It means a lot to the staff and I when we hear feedback like this.

Lara and the Grand Hotel Townsville team are very passionate and focussed on delivering a great experience to all of our guests. They celebrate every day when they have gone the extra mile, we are extremely lucky to have them here at the hotel.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back next time you visit the region.
Kind regards