“Just what we needed”
Review of Raintree Motel

Raintree Motel
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The room was clean. It was just what we needed when in Townsville for a sports carnival. The service was excellent. I will recommend to other families travelling to Townsville for future sports carnivals for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer F
There are newer reviews for Raintree Motel

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Spent a couple of nights here last month and found it to be great value for money. The room was clean and comfortable with a good sized bathroom. The furnishings are older but this is reflected in the price. The staff were really helpful with any questions and problems we had during our stay.

Only thing which was a little strange is that the motel provides microwave facilities for self-catering but no plates, bowls or cutlery in the rooms. When we requested, they were happy to provide anything we wanted so no complaints but just unusual that they weren't already there.

Location was perfect for us as we had our own transport.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank innocent26
Reviewed 15 April 2014

On the southen outskirts of Townsville.Raintree is a nice motel, A few minutes drive from the CBD. Our room was clean and bright with a nice bathroom. with all the facilities we expected for the price. Across the road is a Coles and a pub with a Bistro, 15 mis walk is an impressive RSL Club with a slightly pricey but excellent Bistro where you will be made welcome. There is a small but inviting pool which although by the main road is well screened. We were made most welcome and enjoyed our stay at Raintree.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sirleeolgit
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The Raintree Motel was great value, especially as I recently stayed for five weeks and got a great weekly rate while my wife was in hospital. Ben and Melissa made me feel at home and were extremely helpful.
The room was comfortable, very clean and serviced daily. Tasty breakfast came early each day. The pool and tropical covered relaxation area, near reception and bar, is great for families and was well used.
Accross the road was Coles and The Rising Sun Hotel where a great reasonably priced evening meal is available, as well as newsagency, fast food outlets and many other shops.
Centrally positioned for most Townsville attractions. I am Happy to recommend this motel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Merv C
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I decided to give the Raintree another go (and I didn't take up the offer of the free room). I arrived in Townsville earlier and contacted the motel to see if I could check-in earlier, no problem. The welcome was friendly, the room was clean (and the ceiling was intact...lol) and the external areas are well maintained. The motel is in a great spot, handy to a lot of services including a taxi rank across the road. There is a hotel with a family friendly bistro across the road (that's another review) along with Coles etc. I decided to avail myself to breakfast the next morning and it was huge.

All in all a pleasant stay and will be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LiveCairns
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The Raintree looks like a lot of other motels , the rooms are your average hotel room with ensuite, all the normal conveniences such as coffee making a microwave and fridge, the fresh milk was a rare touch.
The Raintree however was a bit more, It was no problem for a colleague to book in for me and get my key as I went straight from the airport, and did not get to the hotel until midnight.
My return flight on the Sunday was not until the evening, my room was not booked on the Sunday evening they were happy for me to use it during the day.
It is the simple courtesies like these that make the difference between an "any old motel" and "one I'd recommend"
There is a shopping centre across the road, and the hotel has a bbq area for use by clients, all in all thank you so much Raintree for making a difficult working weekend a little bit easier.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Daj59
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Just recently i had to take my wife for a specialist visit and procedure to townsville Qld. And required a motel for several nights close to the mater the service we received was first class and was over and above what we have received anywhere else Ben and Mel went out of there way to assist us in every way . The rooms were clean and airy and most importantly GOOD beds thoroughly recommend this motel .

Room Tip: Rooms 23/24 quite and lots of security screened windows for fresh air
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business