“Lunch without Rob Rose”
Review of Vine 21 - CLOSED

Vine 21
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Lunch without Rob Rose”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Decided to checkout the lunch menu since the re-opening. The service was dreadful, long waits, a waitress who did not seem to know the menu. There were several apologies for the long waits, with an explanation they had not been so busy since the re-opening. Well one assumes it had been empty as there were only five tables with diners in what is quite a large restaurant. The food was ok but lacked finesse. Such a shame, this was once one of Townsville's best, but the loss of an enigmatic host is sadly noted, along with empty wine fridges and a sullen and unprofessional bunch of staff.

Townsville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smile”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Picked vine21 for dinner for my birthday food and wine was great the service was not good at all very pushy, felt like hurry up and order so I can go home. not a smile on the face then the waitress got told off behind the counter. Not a calm and relaxing environment at all. Very noisy For what we paid won't go back there again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Ellen P
Townsville, Australia
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My friends & I had an amazing experience at Vine 21 on 13/7/13. The staff & owners (particularly Rob Rose) were so friendly, helpful & professional. Nothing was too much effort (rare in some restaurants today!). The food was incredible. The chicken risotto was one of the best I have ever eaten, and better than most I have tasted in some of the best restaurants I have eaten in over the years, including Sydney & Melbourne! My friends loved the seafood risotto & seafood pasta also. Then there were the coffees & desserts. Most of us had the chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce & ice cream. All I can say is OMG. Delicious! Wonderful night. We will be back.

• Visited July 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“I love this place”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Very friendly staff, the wine selection is outstanding and the food was very very good, I had the soft shell crab and I was very happy with the dish
:-)

Visited November 2012
israel
“very nice”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

very nice place. good food. the risotto is excellent. but small servings and not chip.
the service is good.