“Great steaks”

Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Vale Hotel and Graziers Steakhouse has developed a reputation in North Queensland for serving the perfect, superbly tender, aged 100% Australian steaks. Select your cut from the chilled cabinet and have it char-grilled by Grazier trained master chefs. We serve our steaks in the grass roots fashion with Caesar salad, chips and a choice of sauces. After 28 years serving first-class meals, the Grazier Steakhouse underwent a complete revamp. In late 2012 we reopened a beautiful new Steakhouse with a renewed focus on delivering the perfectly cooked prime steaks. For the non-meat eaters, our range of fresh seafood, salads and herb crumbed schnitzels will not disappoint.
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Great place to go for business dinner, or lunch. The staff are friendly, the service is good and the food is always good. The team at the vale make sure you are looked after from the moment you walk in, to the moment of leaving. Have been many times and will continue to go back. Thank you

Reviewed 5 September 2013

My partner and I have been a fan of the Vale Hotel for a many years and have had good meals there. One Sunday evening we went there for dinner and the meals were absolutely terrible. We both ordered the same meal cooked exactly the same. Both meals looked similiar but tasted completely different. Mine was cooked the way I ordered it but it was stone cold and the chips werent even cooked properly. My partners was way undercooked it was chewy and lacked flavour. The meals come with creamy garlic prawns, the prawns were really powdery and the sauce was really oily with a slight garlic flavour.

It wasnt a busy night there but the service at the bar was terrible too, I went to get a drink to wash down the meals but I stood at the bar for 10 minutes and no one served me I was the only one at the bar. One bloke said " I'll be with you in a minute" but he just walked off and didnt come back.

I was planning on having a large family function there but decided on another venue due to the bad experience.

I wont ever be going back there for a meal and wouldnt recommend it to anyone.

I sent the Vale an email to let them know of my experience and got no reply. No customer service at all.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY AT THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!

4  Thank mje81
Reviewed 16 July 2013

left Townsville last year, (missed the vale) returned in the caravan 1st feed the Vale . Wow. Reno's completed . and surprise the food better than ever. thank you peter & the rest. especially the chef that cooked the pork belly, loved the crackle.

1  Thank richard r
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My Family and I have come to the Vale Motel for a long time and have always enjoyed the quality of food and service. Unfortunately on this particular occasion I was not impressed at all, as regular customers I would expect a level of service and did not receive this level at all. The Manager who served us was very short/arrogant/ & down right rude to myself and my family- I can understand that you work long hours but I have worked in this industry for a long time and let me assure you customer service and a polite nature is crucial in this industry at all times. This was very off putting and to make matters worse our food took well over 1 hour and we seemed to have been forgotten as our food came out extremely cold and it was steak that we paid good money for- the chips were stale and unsalted and our steak was burnt around the outside. My family love coming here to eat but after this experience we may need to look elsewhere if the attitude of the Manager and quick service of food does not improve. Customer Service is everything in hospitality! Remember that!

2  Thank lee31_13
Reviewed 17 April 2013

'Seasational' chicken on the menu is as big as any steak on offer at the hotel. Second time I have been to this venue and second time I have enjoyed the same meal. Topping of prawns and sauces to die for. You will never walk away hungry and the value is excellent. Peter (Chapel Hill, Brisbane)

1  Thank PJS1958