“Work needed ”

Outback Jacks Bar & Grill
Price range: US$14 - US$48
Cuisines: American, Grill, Australian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Work needed ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Pricey considering the same money could feed me at several of the "flasher" places on Palmer St. Staff, albeit young (possibly first job) students, are in dire need of some training! Kinda like a wolf (pub grub) in sheep's (nice steak house) clothing. The market exists, for sure, but certainly not for anyone that takes pride in that which they spend there money on.
Ultimately, the owners need to take pride in the product, holistically.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It started out so well...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

A groups of friends and I went here for my birthday dinner on Monday. I called to make a booking and the young girl was so friendly and helpful, fully informing me about everything as well as the birthday club of which I signed up to. The service to begin with was quick and professional and the deal I recieved as part of their birthday club was really great. However after being seated and our first drink order was taken we did not see the girl again until we had to call her over and no one came to ask if we needed anything or check on any meals. My steak was very overcooked which wasn't a major issue, however I swapped some for some of my partners salmon.... And both of us have spent all day sick in bed with him also being violently ill since 3am (as he ate more salmon than myself). Not good at all. Sadly I will not be returning any time soon

1 Thank Georgie D
Townsville, Australia
“Terrible food and overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our experience was good to start off. We were seated right away and asked if we were ok for drinks many times. Dinner was only a 20 minute a wait. Our dinner was served. I ordered 'sparrows rump' with garlic prawn topper. The prawns were VERY undercooked, the steak was overcooked, the vegetables were not fresh and the sauce dish was chipped. Lucky we had a birthday coupon. Will not be going back!

• Visited March 2014
Agnes Water, Australia
“Very surprised!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

After a long week at university, the class and I decided to visit a restaurant in Palmer St. We all decided to head to Outback Jacks. I was a bit sceptical at first because I visited one down south and it was absolutely disgusting, but I remained calm.
I arrived and it wasn't too busy but the rest of the class were there (14 of them). Overall everybody loved their meals, my meal (400g rib fillet) was great, cooked to perfection and tasted like a steak should. Setting wasn't bad at all. The kids area was a bit basic but my little fella loved it. The staff were happy and prompt with their service.

• Visited February 2014
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Went here with friends to celebrate a birthday. I ordered a rare steak it was cooked so much it was practically cardboard by the time I got it. Most of the other meals were inedible with the exception of my partners chicken parma which was nice. Service wad sub par and at that price it should have been a lot better.

• Visited December 2013