“Excellent Function Venue”
Review of Jam

Jam
Reserve with
Jam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 369 Restaurants in Townsville
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Cuisines: Contemporary, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: "The perfect opportunity to enjoy good food & wine with family & friends" Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner JAM is a local Townsville restaurant dedicated to providing seasonally inspired menus. Our Gourmet Traveler awarded wist list offers over 100 wines to complement your dining experience. Relax in our dining room or outside on the corner terrace with city and river views. The elegant private dining room "Luxe Room" is perfect for social or business gatherings up to 18 guests. LOFT by Jam Corner Located on the first floor, the function room with large balconies overlooking the CBD and Ross River is available for breakfast, lunch or dinner group bookings, we can tailor menus for any occasion .
Townsville, Australia
“Excellent Function Venue”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had my 50th Birthday party at Jam Corner with family & friends on Saturday night. The friendly professional service & the food - Canapes & Western Suckling Pig were beautiful & presented so well. Everyone who attended commented on the excellent food, service & venue. Thanks to the Jam Team for a great night.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Tricia O

Scarborough, Australia
“Great service, good food.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Have been keen to try Jam Corner for a while as frustratingly they are closed on Monday evenings which is when I visit Townsville, however I was there on a busy Tuesday evening, decor and atmosphere is very nice here and the service received was of a high standard.

For starters I had the crumbed olives which were pretty tasty with the
Aioli dip, I would have liked a few more. There were also some small Ligurian olives on this plate which while did taste very good were hard work given the amount of flesh you got after the stone was removed!

The main dish I selected was the Chicken Ballottine on fregola and barley risotto. The chicken was cooked great and the textures and general taste of this this dish were excellent, BUT sadly I was left with a rather unpleasant, lip tingling after-taste which for me ruined what could be a stand out dish. Perhaps the herbs and spices were just not right or been cooked off enough.

Redemption appeared though in the Jam and Peanut Butter dessert. Other than the greenery of cress/parsley sprinkling (making I must say it's third unwelcome appearance of the evening) this was truly a delicious dessert. Fantastic textures and flavour combinations, a great high note to finish on.

Hopefully I will get another chance to eat at Jam Corner when I'm next there not on a Monday, yes the food was good, but really it has a little to go to make it the top level I was expecting.

Visited July 2014
Gold Coast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best service we have ever had!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

A very busy Sunday breakfast spot! But still best service we have ever had! Food good, but service from the sweet redhead girl made our day! Booked in again for dinner. Six star service and five star food. Well deserving of the hat. As the girl who served us said "we pride ourselves in fine dining food and service, with a relaxed dining feel." Townsville we are impressed! V8's or not, can't wait to come back!

1 Thank BandSHighland
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Food Service Perfect”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Had two breakfast business meetings running, great service and all guests well looked after most impressed and a convert to this Cafe. Thank you excellent. Service and Food.

1 Thank RogerM2013
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Great food and exceptional service”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We visited on a busy Friday night and both the food and the service were excellent. We had the degustation menu which was good value and great quality. A great night.

2 Thank Colin B