SWMBO and I only stayed one night.
On entering the hotel I was initially impressed. Sure, our check in was a bit muddled but the staff member did mention that she was new so I wont deduct any points there. We all have to begin somewhere. Must say the check in staff were friendly.
We were given a room on the top floor (7) so we had reasonable views. The main gripe is that considering the hotel claims to be recently refurbished, other than a paint job and new carpets I wonder what has been done? The bathroom still has a shower curtain and desperately needs better lighting. The fridge is a temperature controlled wine fridge so it doesn't lend itself to allowing you to put what you want into it. Whilst there is no complimentary drinking water, the tap water is perfectly good for drinking and wi-fi is FREE! Yes!.
Our room was quiet, the double bed comfortable, the breakfast buffet was quite extensive and better than some I have endured. At $230 odd for the night (a Saturday) I still think it is overpriced for what is on offer (I should mention I got the Priority Guest discount rate) and a Visa surcharge (really?) adds to the cost.
Would I stay again? I'm not sure what other hotels in the area charge so it is a bit hard to say.
Certainly the location can not be faulted so it is a maybe from me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rydges Southbank Townsville sits in the heart of Townsville's foodie precinct on Palmer Street and only a short stroll to the CBD. Our hotel is the gateway to Magnetic Island & Great Barrier Reef. Business and leisure travellers alike will appreciate our central business district location near all the premier shopping, dining and entertainment areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Rydges Southbank Townsville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Southbank Hotel Townsville
- Townsville Rydges Southbank Hotel