“Well worth making the call a fantastic value for money!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ville Resort-Casino

The Ville Resort-Casino
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Townsville
Cairns, Australia
“Well worth making the call a fantastic value for money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

After scouring the Internet looking for the best deal for one night in Townsville, I called Jupiters and got a fantastic room, for a family of 4 with 2 young kids, for the same price as a cheap 3* motel! I think I paid around $175 including breakfast for all 4 of use! The room was excellent (we were given an upgrade to an executive room, which was amazing!) and the refurbished bathroom was unlike anything I had ever seen! It was cheaper than anything I found online, and fantastic value for money compared to other Townsville hotels. The breakfast a Aqua was awesome too. Definitely stay here!!

Stayed March 2012
MareeMcCahon, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
I am thrilled to read your pleasant review, it is a pleasure to read you and your family enjoyed all we have to offer. I am so pleased to read you enjoyed one of our recently renovated Executive Room, the rooms are quite spectacular. Our packages do offer great accommodation value and we do like to offer these throughout the year.
I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next stay at Jupiters.
Kindest regards
Maree

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Indonesian first
Caloundra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed at Jupiters in Townsville for a business trip and thank god my company paid for the entire stay. The room was really nice however I was granted an upgrade when I checked in so I can't comment on the standard room but the Deluxe Room was newly renovated and very modest. The worst part about the stay was the food !!!!. I arrived late as my flight from Brisbane was late. On arrival I checked in with no hassles and then decided to find somewhere to eat. I wished that I would have checked out the other restaurants/cafes within the hotel as the AQUA Buffet was disgusting. Each person that was serving themselves food from the buffet was complaining. At $36.00 a head the buffet was a complete waste of money. The food was just leftovers from the 6.30pm sitting and I just filled up on the leftover as I was starving. I ended up ordering Room Service for breakfast as I didn't want to chance having a crapy breakfast at the AQUA Restaurant. I must admit the breakfast I ordered for Room Service in the morning was nice and fresh but nothing spectacular after being charged $19.00 for poached eggs on dry toast without any butter. I would stay here as the room was nice but this was a Deluxe Room but I think the hotel is up the northern end of the Strand area so I bit of a walk down to the Lagoon etc.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the pool and water and a Deluxe Room which was newly renovated was really nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SSC7
It was wonderful to read you enjoyed our newly renovated Deluxe level rooms, and we are very lucky to be positioned in a great spot to take advantage of such wonderful views from our Hotel rooms.
I was disappointed to read we did not fully meet your expectations during your dining experience at Aqua Buffet, it was disheartening to read your comments about the quality and variety of the food served, and I can assure you I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Chef for his knowledge.
We truly value feedback from each of our guests as it assists us with making improvements to what we currently offer.
I do look forward to hearing from you if you choose to stay with us again, and again, thank you for your review.
Kind regards
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

We were booked into the Mecure Towsville, and left immediately due to insects in the room.

I look online and the Executive Rooms at Jupiter's looked like a 5 star hotel. The front desk agents were even kind enough to take a reservation without our credit card details so we could inspect the rooms first. We were given a room showing by the concierge, and were very impressed. The Executive Rooms and definitely 5 star, modern furnishings, beautiful artwork, and stunning water views. We even got a $10 credit which we used for the mini bar which was a nice touch.

The location is on the marina, right by the Magnetic Island ferry terminal.

Absolutely the only place to stay in Townsville.

Room Tip: Booked a top floor Executive room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mikeyaus
Thank you for your fantastic review, the location of our hotel is very accessible and convenient and I agree our Executive level rooms are very impressive and it is great to see you enjoyed your overall Jupiters Townsville experience.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Jupiters again soon.
Warmest regards
mackay,australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

First time on the top floor, what a view. We overlooked the marina this time which we enjoyed as we could enjoy all the city lights & castle hill. The room was amazing with new decor and wonderfully plump pillows. The staff was excellent as usually also.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MareeMcCahon, Custoemr Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
It is great to see you enjoyed such a wonderful relaxing weekend at Jupiters Townsville. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
The view of our wonderful landmark castle hill is outstanding from the Marina side of our hotel, we are very lucky to have such a great vantage point for all of our guests to enjoy Townsville’s icon.. Your amazement with our Executive Level room is very pleasing, as our team works hard to build on a decoration concept to create an great ambience in our rooms to ensure our guests total comfort.
Your mention of our team for providing you with great service is very much appreciated as our team works hard on assisting our guests to achieve an overall satisfaction with their experiences here at Jupiters.
Again, thank you, and we hope to have the pleasure of your return when next in Townsville.
Yours sincerely
Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed there for a weekend in March and booked ahead for the 2 bdrm self contained apartment, if you have a family of 4 this is the way to go. They have renovated the room from when we stayed there las year and have done a wonderful job. The staff are always very friendly and courteous, that is the staff in the hotel, the casino staff are hit and miss. I highly recommend staying there as I believe it to be one of the nicer places to stay in Townsville. Great buffet breakfast and buffet dinner, price is average for buffet in both meals but they do have quite a bit of variety, book for breakfast as it does get very busy. The hotel is very clean, has a lovely lawn area and big swimming pool which my kids love. Good in house movies and good variety with room service menu. The price to stay and eat here is on par with most other places in Townsville. I always return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have a family of 4 or 6 ask for the 2 bedroom apartment and pay the extra for a roll away be...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Airlie Beach, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Stayed in the executive suites and was very impressed with the renovation, the casino has come a long way in service and couldn't fault them, everyone was very helpful.

Room Tip: Executive Suite
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Kununurra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Very friendly staff and a beautiful room with views to the Islands. Bed was wonderful and loved the rain shower.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple