“Enjoyed the experience”

Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Brisbane, Australia
“Enjoyed the experience”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Having read the reviews before my family stayed over the Labour Day long weekend, I was apprehensive of the accommodation that I have booked. The Superior rooms (my room type) have not been renovated but they were nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. Everything was functioning including the air-con. We had a room that was facing the front and it was nice and quiet. However, we did notice that there were parties going on (quite noisy) at the rear where the pool was and the lawn that was used for entertainment and weddings.
We had the dinner buffet at the Aqua restaurant. Food was good and the spread was generous. Value for money if you have children below 12 dining with paying adults.
I guess value for money depends on what you paid for and the type of product that you got and the overall experience. It's a matter of tastes and expectations.
We were pleased with the accommodation and the overall experience and will definitely consider this hotel in future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front with the city view are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear RLYP2012

Thank you for your review of Jupiters Townsville. I was very happy to read that you have recently stayed in one of our Superior rooms and found it ticked all the boxes. We often receive similar comments from other guests upon check-out, especially stating the beds have been really comfy and perfect for a great night sleep.

We appreciate you taking the time to offer your thoughts about your dining experience in Aqua. There is always a great selection of fresh, delicious menu items making Aqua a popular choice with our visitors and locals alike, and certainly provides great value for money.

I am delighted that you have had a memorable experience and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters in the future.

Jennifer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed in an executive superior room with harbour views and a stunning bathroom. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Aqua's breakfast buffet was very comprehensive and fresh. Minor blemish is the gym which is very old and not up to the standard of the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose an executive superior room, worth the little bit extra
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Lindsay M

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay at Jupiters Townsville and thank you for taking the time to review us. Please be assured I have forwarded your comments to our Rooms Division Manager and our Property Operations Manager for their review and consideration.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters on your next visit to Townsville.

Maffra West Upper
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The casino was extremely good value for money. The rooms were good, the facilities also great, and the restaurant didnt disappoint with the seafood buffet, and service. All in all a really nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear 94Bernadette

Thank you for your recent review of Jupiters Townsville. I am very happy to read that you weren’t disappointed by any of your experiences and I am especially pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the overall you had a great time.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Townsville.

Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stayed for a night in an executive room with partner for our wedding anniversary. A bottle of wine on ice was waiting for us as we entered our stunning room, with sea views and a bath room to die for! Staff were very friendly and helpful. Aqua's buffet was enjoyable especially the hugh range of desserts to choose from. We were very impressed and loved our stay.

Room Tip: Try and get an ocean view room to see the amazing views.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear my3girlz123

Congratulations on your recent wedding anniversary and thank you for choosing to stay at Jupiters Townville to celebrate this wonderful occasion. I am delighted that the special touches from our dedicated Hotel staff have ensured this has been a memorable day for you.

I am pleased that you loved all aspects of your stay, from the exquisite Executive room to the delicious menu selection in Aqua. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the respective department managers.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters soon.

Brisbane
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The service was very good. The staff were helpful and attentive, and the food in the restaurant was good - not great but good. Breakfast was included and it was quite good.
However, the Casino is out all by itself - there is nothing else here. It is a good and enjoyable walk back to go along the waterfront. And the hotel, particularly the room was tired and getting a be shabby.
I wouldn't stay again until it's been updated.
Look for deals with dinner and breakfast included.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear RedPuffin

Thank you for your glowing review of the service provided by our friendly and attentive team at Jupiters Townsville.

I was disappointed to read that you have been dissatisfied with your hotel room on this occasion. As we have completed renovations to our Deluxe and Executive accommodations, I would like to recommend either room type on your next visit. If you contact our friendly reservation team they will be happy to assist with selecting a room to suit your preferences.

Jupiters is perfectly located within walking distance to the Ferry terminal that accesses Magnetic Island and within close proximity to Townsville’s beachfront promenade, The Strand. I certainly hope that you have had the opportunity to visit these popular destinations during your stay. If not, be sure to take some time on your next visit, I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters when you next visit Townsville.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed at Jupiters for aour annual family break over Easter. Found the place very family friendly and extremely enjoyable stay. I would rate this place as 5*. The reception was great. The food was excellent. We tried all different restaurants. Even the Spin Cafe staff delivered our food to the pool so that we could enjoy swim and very reasonably priced dinner in our own comfort. (Spin cafe does not allow children so this was very welcome.) The casino staff were also very welcoming. The views were excellent. The management were very understanding. Overall, our stay there was super and we are returning there for our next break.

Room Tip: If you have family, go for the apartment as you can cook or the suite as it is much bigger.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Sam R

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed everything about your stay and that our attentive and friendly team have made helped to make your holiday memorable.

As you have mentioned, Spin Café is located within our Casino and therefore is restricted to persons over 18. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal poolside so that the whole family was able to sample the delicious meals available from Spin. I will be sure to pass on your compliments of the quality of our restaurants to our Food & Beverage management team.

Sam, I am delighted to read that you will return on your next family holiday and we look forward to being a part of your memorable holiday moments.

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 3 October 2013

They've updated the rooms since I last stayed and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the renovations. Bathrooms were nice and modern and most importantly clean. The beds were comfortable and if you got a room on the ocean side overlooking magnetic island the aspect is fantastic. Only thing to be aware of is the first floor is called floor 10 so don't expect nice ocean views if you have floors 10,11,12 as it's really floors 1,2,3 etc. The views from the higher floors are great though. My 4 year old absolutely loved the pool. Only issue we had with the hotel was the room service food was pretty ordinary so I will eat out next time.

Room Tip: Ask from a high floor. Ignore the actual numbers as the first floor they call flood 10.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 415GerardC
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Gerard

Welcome back to Jupiters Townsville. I am so pleased that we have exceeded your expectations on this return visit. It is always wonderful to receive such positive feedback in respect to the refurbishments that we have completed to our Deluxe and Executive accommodations levels.

I have to agree with you, the uninterrupted view to Magnetic Island from our Executive accommodation levels is exquisite.

I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your room service meal. I always invite our guests to bring any concerns to the attention of our team, so that they may be able to assist, to ensure you enjoy every aspect of your stay. Please be assured I have forwarded your comments on to our Food & Beverage management team for their review and consideration.

Gerard, should you prefer to enjoy breakfast in a restaurant setting, I highly recommend our buffet restaurant, Aqua. It is open 7 days, for breakfast and dinner.

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters and I hope we will have the pleasure of having your family stay with us soon.