Having read the reviews before my family stayed over the Labour Day long weekend, I was apprehensive of the accommodation that I have booked. The Superior rooms (my room type) have not been renovated but they were nicely decorated and the beds were very comfortable. Everything was functioning including the air-con. We had a room that was facing the front and it was nice and quiet. However, we did notice that there were parties going on (quite noisy) at the rear where the pool was and the lawn that was used for entertainment and weddings.
We had the dinner buffet at the Aqua restaurant. Food was good and the spread was generous. Value for money if you have children below 12 dining with paying adults.
I guess value for money depends on what you paid for and the type of product that you got and the overall experience. It's a matter of tastes and expectations.
We were pleased with the accommodation and the overall experience and will definitely consider this hotel in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is currently undergoing a $35 million redevelopment. Extensive works to the property may include noise and closure or relocation of some facilities. These may include the Hotel and Casino entrance and restaurants. Please note that the hotel pool and rear lawns are currently closed during construction. The stunning results of these upgrades will include an infinity-edge pool with swim-up bar and private cabanas, new functions/events areas as well as new restaurants, bars and extensive decking – all with views to Magnetic Island. General construction works are restricted between 7am - 6.30pm Monday through to Saturday, with noisy works being restricted to the hours of 9am – 5pm. The Ville Resort - Casino is superbly located on the Townsville breakwater and overlooks magnificent Magnetic Island, the Coral Sea and Townsville City. The property is within walking distance of the Magnetic Island Ferry terminal, the CBD, the restaurant precincts of Palmer and Flinders Streets and Townsville's award-winning beachfront, The Strand. There is so much to do - so much to see in Townsville and The Ville is a "hot spot" for lifestyle and holidaying in the tropics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ville Resort-Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jupiters Townsville Hotel Townsville
- Jupiters Townsville Hotel And Casino
- Jupiters Hotel Townsville