“I would go back, however...”

The Ville Resort-Casino
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Ballarat
“I would go back, however...”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I would definitely go back. The views are great and the position is perfect. The concierge boys were very helpful.
Just a few gripes
* Horrible UHT milks in the minibar. When I asked for fresh milk at reception they were going to charge me four dollars to deliver it my room plus the cost of the milk. When I suggested I could carry it myself, they said that was impossible.
* No-one could tell me where the nearest bike path was
* Having to wait outside for a taxi

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear FrequentTraveller079

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after your recent visit to Jupiters Townsville. I am so pleased to read that you have been spoilt by our location, offering beautiful views of the city and Magnetic Island. We also appreciate your mention of the helpful service provided by our staff.

It is disappointing that your experience has been blemished by the couple of circumstances that you have mentioned. I want to assure you that I have passed your comments on to the respective department managers for their consideration.

Thank you once again for reflecting on your experience and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Jennifer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Indonesian first
Wamberal, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Really nice hotel, little bit dated though but overall had everything you needed. Pool and views were great.
Breakfast choice was good.
Good spot for ferry to Magnetic Island.
Little bit out of the way for town if you're not driving but taxi into town / airport is only $20.

Stayed May 2014
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Tina A

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville after your recent visit. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next visit Townsville.

Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We did not choose to stay at Jupiters. Our stay with them was arranged by the organisation whose functions we were attending over the weekend. To be honest I think it might just be a matter of personal taste and slight disappointment given the hype associated with the Jupiters name. The rooms were clean and well maintained, yes. However, the bathroom was very outdated and to be honest this subtracted from the sense of luxury that staying in a beachfront hotel encourages. We also came back to the hotel late at night on two occasions during our stay and it was unpleasant to have to walk from the car park past inebriated casino patrons carrying on near the hotel entrance. On a positive note all staff we encountered were very polite and professional and our stay was comfortable.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashleigh P
Dear Ashleigh P

I am sorry to read that you have been disappointed by your experience and that we have not met your expectations on this occasion. It is most unfortunate that during your stay, the behaviour choice of others has left you with a negative feeling about your experience.

I have also noted that you have been disappointed by the bathroom facilities in your room. Please be assured I have forward this information to the respective department managers for their review and consideration.

Thank you for your thoughtful mention of the friendly and professional service provide by our staff. It is a delight to know that this has been the highlight of your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time to reflect on your experience and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jupiters again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Great views across the marina, comfortable clean room, excellent service. The location of Jupiters is good and close to the lovely Townville promenade. There is plenty to do there as regards entertainment , and three restaurants including a smorgasbord.

Dear Janey J

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville on Trip Advisor. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with like-minded visitors and are certain that this will provide a valuable insight to what guests can expect when choosing to stay with us.

I hope that you will choose to stay with us again when you next visit Townsville.

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and it was fantastic. The room layout was great and the views were spectacular. The food that we had was well priced and really delicious. The buffet breakfasts has an excellent array of food. Would definitely recommend the room and the stay here.

Room Tip: We have stayed a few times but by far the extra $$$ is worth it to get the Executive suite. Great fo...
Dear Wayne T

I am delighted to read that you have described your stay with us as fantastic. Great views, a comfortable room and delicious meals are always a must on any holiday. I am so very pleased that this has been your experience staying with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.

brisbane
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I just got back from attending a wedding in Townsville. I thought it would be nice to stay at Jupiter's casino as my wife and I met there when I attended a convention there10 years ago. We arrived and when we went to the room I used the bathroom and I noticed there was mould between the tiles and later found out the shower head was partly blocked and sprayed water. later my wife went to use the iron and it was broken and leaked dirty water on our clothes. My wife wiped the clothes then went down to get a new iron. She was told to wait and they would get her another iron. She waited almost 30minutes as it was check in time there was along wait. eventually she told someone she was going back to the room to get the clothes and they could iron them only to get to the room and the iron had been there for about 25 minutes. they ended up dry cleaning and ironing the shirts. Then we went for dinner at aqua this was all fine then we went to pay I was going to pay with amex but I decided to pay with cash as there was a 3% surcharge. then when I went to check out I was told I Had to pay for the dinner. I told them I had paid cash for it. I felt like I was being accused of trying to rip them off. I talked to the assistant manager and she told me that I would not be charged for it and that they would check the cctv footage . I told her I would be very upset if they charged my card. today I get a phone call to say that sorry they had charged my credit card then checked the footage and I was right. they then credited me. I was not happy at all I called the hotel they said they would give me a partial credit on my accommodation. A customer liaison officer at the hotel said she would look into it and was sorry but I think people need to share my experience My experience was poor, very poor. I have written many reviews on trip advisor and this is only the second negative one. NOT HAPPY

5 Thank simon O
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Simon O

As we had discussed yesterday, I remain disheartened that you have been disappointed by your experience after your recent stay at Jupiters Townsville.

Most regretfully, as you have described the unfortunate sequence of events, it is disappointing that our efforts to resolve the issues that have occurred have not met your expectations.

After further investigation there appears to have been a break-down in communication regarding the delivery of the replacement iron to your room. As you have mentioned the iron was delivered to your room within minutes and it is terribly unfortunate that there was a delay in your wife’s awareness of this. I do sincerely hope that our complimentary laundering of the garments provided an appropriate solution for your convenience.

Simon, I once again, offer our sincere apology for the billing confusion surrounding your dining experience at Aqua. I certainly appreciate that you are very disappointed by the charges to your American Express, of which we identified and contacted you to inform you of the erroneous processing of this payment. Please be assured this has been followed up to ensure this does not occur again.

I understand that you are genuinely dissatisfied with the above mentioned, however, I hope that you take some solace in knowing that we have taken your feedback seriously and have been transparent in our dealings with your concerns.

Margate, Australia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Lovely room with a wonderful view of Townsville marina and city. The room was quite and had everything you needed for a business stay.

The reception desk provided advice if breakfast was prepaid it was quite discounted. I think it was around $16. The breakfast was fantastic - egg station - the omelette was fantastic. All of the other options were fresh and coffee was good. The view of Magnetic Island and the pool looked fantastic. Carparking valet or a car park which was about 100 metres from the entrance.

The location is a bit outside of the CBD but only about a 5 minute drive.Staff were lovely.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jodie_de

Thank you for your wonderful review of Jupiters Townsville. I am delighted to read that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I definitely agree with you, our current Aqua breakfast offer is exceptional value. This offer is available to our Hotel guests staying Sunday and Monday nights and will extend until the end of June. Our friendly Reception staff can assist guests who wish to take advantage of this offer.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville.