I stayed in a superior room for 7 nights, and had little to complain about. My bedroom was cleaned, my bed was made and the mini bar was restock very efficiently. Even when I had my 'do not disturb' sign up, the staff checked later on in the day to see if my room needed to be fixed up. The room service menu was very good and really tasty, but also reasonably priced ($16 for a steak sandwich with Brie cheese, bacon and egg with a lot of chips on the side - I highly recommend it). Kobe restaurant was delicious too. I went for the $65 Tajimi Wagyu sirloin and I was not disappointed. Well worth the money.
I had an issue with the $4 surcharge per room service order. I couldn't go down to the cafe or Aqua and order the same quality of food, so I really had no other options. This is the first hotel that I've ever had to pay this surcharge. The internet prices are expensive too.
The room could do with a little updating, and the TV was a little frustrating to use. I also would have enjoyed a few extra foxtel channels. Instead I enjoyed my time out by the pool.
Overall, I had a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is currently undergoing a $35 million redevelopment. Extensive works to the property may include noise and closure or relocation of some facilities. These may include the Hotel and Casino entrance and restaurants. Please note that the hotel pool and rear lawns are currently closed during construction. The stunning results of these upgrades will include an infinity-edge pool with swim-up bar and private cabanas, new functions/events areas as well as new restaurants, bars and extensive decking – all with views to Magnetic Island. General construction works are restricted between 7am - 6.30pm Monday through to Saturday, with noisy works being restricted to the hours of 9am – 5pm. The Ville Resort - Casino is superbly located on the Townsville breakwater and overlooks magnificent Magnetic Island, the Coral Sea and Townsville City. The property is within walking distance of the Magnetic Island Ferry terminal, the CBD, the restaurant precincts of Palmer and Flinders Streets and Townsville's award-winning beachfront, The Strand. There is so much to do - so much to see in Townsville and The Ville is a "hot spot" for lifestyle and holidaying in the tropics! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Ville Resort-Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jupiters Townsville Hotel And Casino
- Jupiters Townsville Hotel Townsville
- Jupiters Hotel Townsville