“tropical holiday”

Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Canberra, Australia
“tropical holiday”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We returned to Jupiters as we have stayed here for 10 days each year for the last 4 years. It is a high quality hotel . We annual Australian mm come to Townsville for the annual Chamber Music Festival. The hotel staff are friendly an the facilities are excellent.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Roger S

Welcome back to Jupiters, we are delighted that we are your preferred hotel of choice. We are happy to know that the friendly and attentive service provided by our staff has rated highly, as too, our quality accommodation and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Jennifer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Indonesian first
Kenthurst, Australia
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed in a superior room for 7 nights, and had little to complain about. My bedroom was cleaned, my bed was made and the mini bar was restock very efficiently. Even when I had my 'do not disturb' sign up, the staff checked later on in the day to see if my room needed to be fixed up. The room service menu was very good and really tasty, but also reasonably priced ($16 for a steak sandwich with Brie cheese, bacon and egg with a lot of chips on the side - I highly recommend it). Kobe restaurant was delicious too. I went for the $65 Tajimi Wagyu sirloin and I was not disappointed. Well worth the money.

I had an issue with the $4 surcharge per room service order. I couldn't go down to the cafe or Aqua and order the same quality of food, so I really had no other options. This is the first hotel that I've ever had to pay this surcharge. The internet prices are expensive too.

The room could do with a little updating, and the TV was a little frustrating to use. I also would have enjoyed a few extra foxtel channels. Instead I enjoyed my time out by the pool.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Katie S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience after recently staying with us. We are delighted that our attentive service has been appreciated and in turn has ensured your comfort during your visit to Jupiters Townsville.

We certainly appreciate that our Superior rooms need ‘updating’ and I would like to assure you that there are future plans to do this. It is disappointed that you have been unhappy with the room service charge and the internet pricing, please be assured I have forwarded your concerns to the respective department managers.

Thank you for also taking the time to share your dining experiences; our talented team often receive compliments for the delicious, fresh food that can be enjoyed in all of our restaurants, not to forget the convenience of our in-room dining selection.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next visit Townsville.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

As the title suggests, we were very impressed with the hotel. Honest, clean and excellent new rooms with great features and amenities.

One negative is the stupidly expensive (and slow) guest wireless network. Having paid for 24 hours use in advance I ended up tethering my phone as performance was so poor.

All together a good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mark L

Thank you for taking the time to review Jupiters Townsville. I am pleased that we have left such a positive impression and that you have been impressed by the Hotel’s accommodation features and amenities.

It is disappointing that the wireless network facilities did not meet your expectations on this occasion, please be assured I have relayed your concerns to the respective department managers. Do not hesitate to contact our friendly Reception staff if you experience any concerns when staying with us, as they will be happy to assist wherever possible.

Kindest regards
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were allowed to book in two hours earlier as only came from Charters Towers .The room was on the 19 th. floor overlooking the Marina and city,The room was very clean and comfortable indeed ,Bed so comfortable and shower fantastic.

Room Tip: This is the fourth time we have stayed here and every room has been great .The Valet parking is fant...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear 11Bear

Welcome back to Jupiters and thank you for offering future guests your handy tip. It is pleasing that you value our valet service and the convenience that it offers. I am delighted that you have enjoyed the comfort and the views from your top floor, Executive room, and that we were able to provide an early check-in on this occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back again next time you visit Townsville.

Townsville, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Been here to gamble a couple times, small but very lively and enjoyable. Its usually somewhat full and makes for good gambling, some lower priced tables and a lot of poker machines, theres a bit of everything.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vincent D
Dear Vincent D

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Trip Advisor community. It is always pleasing to read that our visitors have had a great time, either as a guest at our Hotel, dining in one of our restaurants, enjoying live entertainment featuring on property or soaking up the atmosphere when visiting Townsville’s only Casino - I am delighted that this has been your experience also.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed in Jupiter's Townsville for 4 nights as we were attending a wedding in Townsville. I thought the hotel was reasonably priced. Lobby was really nice and we had upgraded and got a room with an ocean view... In my opinion worth the extra $100 odd it cost us. My brother in law and his girlfriend didn't stay in an upgraded room and their views were pretty average. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and Magnetic Island. There are a number of restaurants and bars on the premises. We went to Aqua for breakfast a couple of mornings and we ordered room service from them for dinner a couple of the nights we were there. We didn't try any of the other restaurants.

The casino is small but we went there the night of the wedding (after the reception had wrapped up) and we ended up staying there until closing time lol. All the staff in there were really friendly and chatty. It was a lot of fun.

The hotel is about a 3 minute drive from Flinders Street which is the main nightlife strip in Townsville for anyone who likes to go clubbing. There are also a number of little restaurants along that strip as well.

The only thing I have to complain about is the rooms themselves. I just felt like they could really use an update. Also the aircon wasn't fantastic in our room, we had the sun all day and unless you were sitting directly underneath the aircon you couldn't feel it. Other than that everything was great. The beds were really comfortable, the staff were all really pleasant and overall it was a fantastic stay :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lex1893

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience after your recent visit to Jupiters Townsville. I am pleased that you have taken the opportunity to indulge and enjoy so much of what we have to offer at Jupiters; definitely the perfect way to spend your time when celebrating such special occasions.

It is especially pleasing that the friendly service provided by our staff has been a highlight of your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments on to our Hotel and Casino managers as such feedback is always appreciated.

Our Ocean view rooms are very popular with many guests and I am delighted that the view to Magnetic Island has set the scene for your holiday. However, I have forwarded your comments regarding the air-conditioning to our Rooms Division Manager for review and consideration.

Should you have any concerns when staying with us, please do not hesitate to bring it to the attention of our staff, as they will be happy to assist wherever possible to ensure you stay is comfortable.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We normally prefer apartment type properties, but for a couple of nights in Townsville, this hotel was great.

Booked directly with hotel and requested refurbished room, which is what we got. Had a lovely, quiet, marina view.

Had breakfast, dinner, and a snack, at three different restaurants, and enjoyed them all.

So convenient to The Strand, for a lovely evening walk, and also close to Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal, where we headed after our Jupiters stay. The walk to the city centre was also easy.

Hotel staff were friendly and polite.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JenniferSheppard, Customer Engagement Coordinator at The Ville Resort-Casino, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Adelaide

We are so pleased that you have had a great time during your stay at Jupiters; enjoying our ideal location, a room with a beautiful view and taking time to dine in our restaurants. It would appear that you have thoroughly enjoyed your visit and we hope to welcome you back when you next visit Townsville.

Jennifer Sheppard