“Great location, great price!!”
Review of Central City Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Townsville
Central City Motel
Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the motel as it was close to my brothers unit, who we were in town to visit. But the experience we received was second to none. The staff at reception were exceptionally friendly. The motel is an amazing location close to everything and even though it was being renovated it was a very pleasant place to stay. And the price was very competitive. Will be back again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel was being renovated when I stayed there. The manager gave me a look through the new rooms and they are really doing a great job. He upgraded me from the basic room to a family room to give me more space. Wonderful service - cannot fault how helpful the staff were.
Rooms are quiet, major attractions such as the Convention Centre and Casino are close by, there is a large Leagues Club in the next block and two pubs within easy walking distance. Will definitely mark this place down as the place I want to stay in Townsville.

Room Tip: Hotel was in the middle of a renovation but all rooms appear to be quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Keith B
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We have just stayed at the Central City Motel in Townsville ,
A big Thank You ! Boys Behind the Desk just so Friendly !
We would go back again ,No noise, Rooms nice & big & clean, close to every think , Bus Stop across the road .
And top of every think there are in the middle of there Renovation ,
We can`t wait to see the rooms they will be so cool .
we will be back to stay there

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2013

First of all I never leave comments on internet sites but I would like to say a big thank you to the wonderful friendly and accommodating staff at Central City. The location was fantastic, service was impeccable. Due to the extremely busy weekend I was upgraded to a KING suite, and I would have to say that the bed in this room was one of the best beds I have ever slept in, I didn't want to wake up :). I ask at the reception where they purchased the beds from and they told me that I could order a bed through them, I was told that these beds would be throughout the entire hotel once the renovation are complete. Whilst the decor at the moment was a little dated who cares as the service and bed made up for it :) As I travel quite a bit I will be defiantly making Central City my preferred hotel in Townsville.

Room Tip: make sure the bed is good and the stay will be remarkable - just like mine :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have stayed at the Central City Motel in the past and found the staff to be unpleasant and the rooms not so clean - however due to my limited budget i booked in again and to my surprise I found a friendly voice on the other end of the phone and a smiling face happy to help with what ever request I had. I was pleased to see that the rooms where very clean with not a spot of dust to be seen.

The bed had new linen and new fluffly towels which i love. The location is perfect and central for my needs.

So thanks to the new management I will be returning and recommending to all my friends who stay in Townsville - I look forward to staying in the new renovated room which are coming. PS. As a business traveller it would be nice to see a business lounge incorporated into the refurb.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Kerrie P
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Well I was so pleased upon my visit to Townsville to see that the Central City Motel in the City has opened back up. Even though the rooms are still a little bit dated, but they were very clean and I was advised by the new Management that they are going to be doing refurbishments to all the rooms over the next coming months. Well I can't wait to see the look of the new rooms, as they are really large rooms. This hotel is well worth the visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bobby R
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Staff were not friendl or accommodating in any way as far as they were concerned it was a busy weekend in townsville and they would be fully booked regardless of standards. There were no curtains only Venetian blinds which did not work properly so sleeping during daylight was not possible. There was poor room security with a window latch broken facing close to street front. The main security door which supposedly could only be operated by room key after 8pm was jammed open permanently.
Lifts were in poor working condition with cleaning equipment and laundry often left in the space. I rate this as little better than back packer standard and will put the 30 dollars I would be charged for requesting an early check in at 1100 instead of 1400 to paying for better quality room elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds
1  Thank P B