“Looking Good”

Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Townsville
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Looking Good”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wow - I stayed at this hotel some months ago and I returned and it is all starting to happen, the new lift has gone in and the renovations have started in the reception area, and the room are to commence in July and from what I saw from the staff the end result will amaze Townsville. They are also changing the the Name and becoming a Clarion Brand name. The hotel will be a must to stay at when all completed. I stayed in a sample room and it was amazing. Great to see Townsville will have a real 4.5 star hotel in the City. The staff as usual were amazing as usual.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Quepos, Costa Rica
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I were assigned to a 2 bedroom unit in this building by his employer. He was working as a temporary employee in Townsville. The units are sparsely furnished and dark. No Coffee table only one lamp. Linens were thread bare. Carpet was soiled in many places. Long outdoor corridor walk from the elevator to our unit. Windows dirty. Outside hallway poorly lit. Another colleague was put in a unit without elevator access. Everyone on that floor had to drag luggage up a flight of narrow stairs to access their unit. Our balcony overlooked a car park. Very loud at night. The location is central and the reception staff is friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator and facing the river
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AlistairMaria

Travellers are raving about these Townsville hotels

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the motel as it was close to my brothers unit, who we were in town to visit. But the experience we received was second to none. The staff at reception were exceptionally friendly. The motel is an amazing location close to everything and even though it was being renovated it was a very pleasant place to stay. And the price was very competitive. Will be back again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Lara, Australia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The hotel was being renovated when I stayed there. The manager gave me a look through the new rooms and they are really doing a great job. He upgraded me from the basic room to a family room to give me more space. Wonderful service - cannot fault how helpful the staff were.
Rooms are quiet, major attractions such as the Convention Centre and Casino are close by, there is a large Leagues Club in the next block and two pubs within easy walking distance. Will definitely mark this place down as the place I want to stay in Townsville.

Room Tip: Hotel was in the middle of a renovation but all rooms appear to be quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Keith B
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We have just stayed at the Central City Motel in Townsville ,
A big Thank You ! Boys Behind the Desk just so Friendly !
We would go back again ,No noise, Rooms nice & big & clean, close to every think , Bus Stop across the road .
And top of every think there are in the middle of there Renovation ,
We can`t wait to see the rooms they will be so cool .
we will be back to stay there

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Caloundra, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

First of all I never leave comments on internet sites but I would like to say a big thank you to the wonderful friendly and accommodating staff at Central City. The location was fantastic, service was impeccable. Due to the extremely busy weekend I was upgraded to a KING suite, and I would have to say that the bed in this room was one of the best beds I have ever slept in, I didn't want to wake up :). I ask at the reception where they purchased the beds from and they told me that I could order a bed through them, I was told that these beds would be throughout the entire hotel once the renovation are complete. Whilst the decor at the moment was a little dated who cares as the service and bed made up for it :) As I travel quite a bit I will be defiantly making Central City my preferred hotel in Townsville.

Room Tip: make sure the bed is good and the stay will be remarkable - just like mine :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Cairns
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have stayed at the Central City Motel in the past and found the staff to be unpleasant and the rooms not so clean - however due to my limited budget i booked in again and to my surprise I found a friendly voice on the other end of the phone and a smiling face happy to help with what ever request I had. I was pleased to see that the rooms where very clean with not a spot of dust to be seen.

The bed had new linen and new fluffly towels which i love. The location is perfect and central for my needs.

So thanks to the new management I will be returning and recommending to all my friends who stay in Townsville - I look forward to staying in the new renovated room which are coming. PS. As a business traveller it would be nice to see a business lounge incorporated into the refurb.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business