I stayed at the wilderness resort (backpacking option at the Kingfisher resort) for 2 nights, and had a good time with the cooldingo tour: but the hostel needs an urgent renovating and thoroughly cleaning!
The plus :
not noisy, peaceful, and Fraser is truly amazing
The minus :
quite small dorms, but fair enough
rooms were obviously not prepared and cleaned for us as the filthy sheets of the last persons were still on the ground !!!! Not enough blankets for everybody.
bathrooms not clean, less than average cleanliness for a backpacker and old!!
not a lot of switch for charging your electronic devices in the room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island