Stayed at Kingfisher on 3 Night whale watching package and found this to be good value for money. I agree with most other comments that the decor in the rooms is dated and could do with some modernising. I also agree with a previous persons comment that the staff were condescending when answering a question. I found a guy at the desk Hayden to be particularly condescending when I told him that we had been booked on the wrong ferry back - to which he responded it can't be wrong because it's the default ferry time. How was I to know that? We also sat around waiting to be taken down to the ferry and had to ask 4 different people when we would be picked up. We went at the back end of the school holidays and found all the screaming kids pretty annoying, this is a huge resort with 3 pools, surely they could designate one as adults only.
Now for the positives, considering this is an Eco resort I felt it fitted in with the environment very well. There were loads of daily activities walks etc and we did the beauty spots tour which was really good. The Sand Bar at the wharf was great and the prawns and antipasto plates are good value. The Seabel restuarant was also very nice with a good wine list. I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island