We stayed in villa 601, the first to stay after the villa had been renovated. The 2 room villa with full new kitchen, bathroom and floor coverings was fantastic, very modern and very clean. It had everything we needed including a pod coffee machine. It was close to all resort facilities, which were also great, we spent some time in the swimming pools, ( pools great, top pool very family friendly) went stand up paddle-boarding on the beautiful glassy blue ocean, did some fishing off the pier, had a good meal at the restaurant. We found the staff friendly and helpful even though they appeared very busy. Over all had a great stay, Fraser Island is our favorite holiday spot. The Island has so much to see and do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island