This is a rather large resort with a high turnover. Things work well, and it deserves good marks, but we were disappointed by the lack of "authenticity". Fraser Island is beautiful, but can get very packed (even traffic jams in the sandy lanes!) We took a tour on the long beach and felt it would have been great to spend a week there in a 4WD with a tent and fishing gear. Kingfisher was too expensive for the type of product it delivered -- the "adventure" is certainly not there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island