We were looking forward to this as the highlight of our month's holiday unfortunately it did not come up to our expectations. First problem when we arrived at resort office on the main land the car had to into secure parking $45. We were in room 159 decor dated stayed in accommodation like this 30 years ago. Young lady at reception who had come from Brisbane could not have done more for us and saved the break. During the night my husband got up went to bathroom to be met by roaches, ants and beasties then wiped the floor to discover it was filthy. This was reported in the morning and we asked for a spray. The manager went along later and said he could see nothing well guess what they were not going to hang about. The food at breakfast was good but in the evening no one told us we had to order and when it came it was not of a good standard. Sunday we were poolside and the tables and chairs were dirty and glasses from the night before were still lying about. There was a large black bin full of dirty pool towels from Saturday and were still there when we left in the afternoon.Thanks to the young lady at the desk sorry I have forgotten her name she was from the Mantra and the driver on the Island adventure even though his bus broke down and we were stuck for 1and a half hour he went beyond the call and finished the tour even missing his ferry. We perhaps should only have been there for 1 night 2 at most but this was on the advise of our tour company and nothing to do with the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island