From Booking in at the Land Base ,Transport to the Ferry, across to the Island and up to the Hotel Really Easy. We had booked 4 Nights staying in a 2 Bedroom Villa...FIRST CLASS Accommodation, Everything There....Only Down side is getting to it if you have troubles climbing Hills or Steps ,especially in the dark and Wet. We were there when 3 year Drought decided to finish ...2 Days of tremendous rain especially during the night .. Rain straight away through the Sand.. No Problems Just made difficult walking down steep road .
Tours good ...Kirsty did ours Driving the 4 wheel drive truck and talking through out. Years of practice No doubt Very Good even through the on off rain during the day
Resort Hotel is very Impressive.. Lunch Time restaurant Very good food and not too bad price wise, Staff helpful especially in the restaurant and the lads around the resort with the bags. Spa treatments are good as well
Numerous Free Tours during the day with the rangers .Pool good and quiet, when we were there (something to do with the weather? Well Worth a Visit
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island