The location was fantastic, well laid out with all the amenities that I would have wanted and expected. It was 'winter' season - end of May - but the weather was fantastic and this helped tremendously. The room was well laid out with an up to date flat screen Samsung TV with HDMI and USB ports so that we could watch our own movies off an external hard drive - everything seemed to close early and there was no entertainment in an evening. Be aware that the resort costs are extremely high for everything, we had luckily taken a lot of food with us and the room had a full size fridge in it with a freezer compartment, which meant we had all our lunches covered – we took a large ice box. The on-site shop closed at 6:30pm which I thought was far too early, wi-fi is extra, soup in the main restaurant is AU$14.00, a Corona beer at the jetty bar/hut is AU$9.50, 4 wheel drive hire on the island was AU$280 per day etc., etc., etc., there was much to possibly whinge about. There were some absolutely fantastic staff, the majority didn't seem to care at all and when you consider the prices and the general style of the complex and the possibilities, this is a great shame. The potential for an incredible experience is there and would only take a few minor changes, I just hope that this happens and I was told that there is new management in place, so fingers crossed for them! If you are prepared to splash the cash for a special occasion, money no object, this is the place, just be prepared for ‘jobs worth’ staff and poor service on many occasions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island