We have just returned from Fraser Island. A great place to visit it is very beautiful but it is expensive so make sure you go with money.
King Fisher Bay Resort is located a couple of minutes walk from the ferry. The ferry is expensive for how close it is.
King Fisher is a nice place to stay and there is lots to do (pool, tennis, beach) but it would be for a relaxation holiday. We bought food in Brisbane and took it over in our suitcases so it made it much cheaper. If you bought all your meal it would be very expensive!
Make sure you go on the Beauty Spots tour with JR he is fantastic!!!!
Good place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island