I can only say being here in July felt like top $ price with a wind down feel. Everything we asked for from food to massage to drinks was unavailable and most things closed. Sand bar closed too. So we had no choice to eat other than the over priced buffet which was terrible. The only other option was pizza every night which every order was wrong. We gave complaining. Room was smelly and dark. Out dated and just awful. Staff rude and uninterested. Trips are so expensive I refused to pay it which left us feeling isolated with no other choice of activity. $160 pp to do an island tour. So basically a drive around the island and a packed lunch. $90 one way cab fare to the lakes. Just shocking place. Avoid like the plague. Worst place I've been in years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island