I stayed at the Kingfisher Resort for 4 nights in Hotel rooms, with my wife and 2 friends. We attended both the Beauty Spots and Champagne Pools tours which we all enjoyed. We bought a voucher through Luxury Escapes which made the stay very affordable.
The rooms were comfortable, clean and adequately appointed with a nice balcony overlooking a pond and allowed us to appreciate the bush setting.
We did not find the food and drinks expensive (realising that everything has to be shipped in). All of the staff in reception, on the tours (both Peter and Kirsty who made the tours relaxed and informative) and the restaurant staff (including Gerard) were very friendly and helpful.
We particularly enjoyed the sunset cheese and wine which was only upset by the sighting of a whale from the jetty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island