I knew the Kingfisher Bay hotel might be dated as I had read the reviews on trip advisor before I went but very much wanted to stay on Fraser island so booked anyway It was dated! Decor slightly depressing, bathroom small and pokey. Room configurations very confusing when booking on line and we ended up with a room with one bed less than we expected - all sorted very quickly and without charge. Although neighbours upstairs and next door were not noisy we could hear every word spoken - insulation very poor this resulted in a very early awakening for us. The public spaces are attractive but the private accomodation is poor and unattractive unfortunately there is not much choice on the island. We went on the whale watching trip which was absoloutely fantastic and made up for other defects but it is definitely not good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island