Stayed in 3 bed villa which was very good, clean and well appointed. Eating out at kingfisher is stressful as very slow service, expensive and poor choice. Eating in difficult unless you bring supplies with you as the kingfisher store stocks almost nothing. Lighting on site after dark is very poor. Kingfisher only get away with their low standards due to lack of competition.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island