The setting was fantastic, the island is wonderful and the villas weren't bad but the staff are dreadful, unprofessional and rude. The food is terrible so make sure you bring ALL supplies from the mainland as the "general store" sells pretty close to nothing at 3 times the price of the most expensive mainland store.
also, make sure you check your bill very carefully as they tried to charge us for all sorts of things we didn't use.
Overall, Fraser is a great experience but this resort is a complete waste of money, stay elsewhere and just enjoy the island without the frustrations of a rubbish hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the bush overlooking the calm waters of the Great Sandy Strait, this award-winning ecotourism resort on World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the perfect base to explore the world's largest sand island. The resort incorporates the 152-room Mercure Kingfisher Bay Hotel, self-contained two and three bedroom villas and houses, and a 174-bed Wilderness Lodge for groups. Resort Rangers also guide a variety of four-wheel-drive coach tours or personalised tours of the island. Access to Fraser Island is by ferry only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kingfisher Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Kingfisher Bay Resort Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Hotel Fraser Island
- Kingfisher Bay Fraser Island