Keppel Haven
Rosslyn Bay Resort(Yeppoon)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$104
Agoda.com
Korte's Resort(Rockhampton)
Endeavour Inn(Emu Park)
Sail Inn(Yeppoon)
TripAdvisor
True Blue Motor Inn(Rockhampton)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 January 2013

This is about reef bar and bistro only, not the entire resort,
We went for a day trip to the island and decided to get food. The lady at the counter told us the wait would be 20 minutes, so we sat inside the cafe at a table and waited. 25 minutes later, we got up to get our food, and after waiting a good 10 minutes to be served, the same woman claimed she 'assumed' that we had 'already received our food' and we had eaten it???? She then proceeded to attempt to find our order, claiming it wasn't there, asking if we were sure if we'd received it or not... Which we obviously haven't? it was as if she was accusing us of scamming her. Anyway, she finally find our order and told us it would be made 'soon' this was about 35 min into it........( meanwhile another customer complained to us it took him 45 min to get chips) about 45-50 minutes into it, we asked some man waiter who gave it to us... he lacked customer service, but was still better than the others. Then after our 50 minute wait (30 minutes over what they said) the cook said it wasn't her fault it was so late, it was the fact that they had 'one small fryer for chips'.... I told her NICELY, that we were frustrated because they told us food would be 20 minutes and that we waited 30 min extra and nobody told us. I mean they work here every day it's not hard to predict serving/cooking times. Anyway, she blamed the lady at the counter and said that the waiter 'didn't know that it would be so long' so I told her, 'Well then you could have just told her to tell the customer it would have been a longer wait.' She continued to apologize sarcastically eg. 'uh- well it's not my fault. Aha sorry' and kept saying it wasnt her fault. that it was basically our fault for ordering too many chips. THIS IS A RESORT BISTRO. I told her it's not hard and that I run a food store by myself (which I do) And she's like 'look i'm a PROFESSIONAL CHEF' seriously? You are not professional!!!! I told her that my point isn't how good she is at cooking, it's the fact that she should have told us acurate time the food would take, as our friend was waiting on the beach injured. The apologized sarcastically and said it wasn't the establishment's fault.
I WORK IN CUSTOMER SERVICE AND I KNOW YOU GUYS LACK IT.
I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD YOU ARE AT COOKING AND IF YOU ARE 'PROFESSIONAL' IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN HAVE BAD SERVICE.
DON'T ACT LIKE A VICTIM AND BLAME THE CUSTOMER.
AND I DOUBT YOU'RE A PROFESSIONAL CHEF.... I HAVE RELATIVES WHO ARE PROFESSIONAL CHEFS WORKING IN 5 STAR PLACES AND ALL YOU DO IS MAKE CHIPS AND CRUMBED FISH.
AND IF THE FRYER IS TOO SMALL EITHER, TELL THE STAFF TO TELL THE CUSTOMERS THE WAIT WILL BE LONGER. OR GET A NEW FRYER. SIMPLE.

Room Tip: If you're at Keppel for a day only trip make sure they don't tell you your food is coming.... when it isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Carissa T
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My family and two other families stayed in cabins 10,11 and 12 absolute beachfront Advertised as self contained. No utensils or plates in two cabins. A day and a half later were given cutlery. Joanne from management is too greedy to leave the power on at night. So she turned all power off from midnight till 6am causing hot sleepless nights and food spoilage. This is a serious health issue. My daughter who is only 9 and of a very small frame sat at one of the dining chairs and it crumbled underneath her causing scratching and bruising. There is no hot water and the cold water in shower has very little pressure. The area is a huge health and safety problem. If council or the owners saw the way this leasee is running the place, it would be shut down immediately. It's a real shame because the location is beautiful. We've left a day early

Room Tip: Don't stay at keppel haven. Stay at GKI HOLIDAY RESORT.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Kim I
Reviewed 21 July 2012

We've just gotten back from a 5 day adventure over at Keppel Island.. What can I say? Joann and all of her staff were amazing.. We stayed at another site, but went back to Keppel Haven Bar and Bistro for breakfast and dinner most nights (because we forgot food).. We felt incredibly spoilt by everyone there and it was great to have such a family environment.. From sharing my smoothies with the lorrikeets, to chips with galahs, and the odd kookaburra sweeping in for our hamburgers it was an absolute slice of paradise.. Definitely recommended to go see Joann and try her delicious muffins!!! Thankyou!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JamieOakley
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We would just like to say thanks to Joanne and her staff for making our stay at Great Keppel so wonderful. Even though we live on a boat, Joanne was more than happy to get supplies we needed over the 6 weeks we were there, and at one stage when we had a lack of water, let us have showers in the Honeymoon Suite. That was fantastic of her. We also had some lovely meals over there. Thanks Jo, we will be back.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite is right on the water with wonderful veiws
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Unfortunately I never even made it to Keppel Haven due to the incompetent managers of Keppel Haven. They were more than happy to take my deposit but when I called numerous times asking for details, dates & shops open on the island over the Christmas period, they told me they would email me with all the details. They never did. I've called approximately 10 times in the past 2 months since I made my Christmas bookings. I even had to call 3 times just to ask for the email with their banking details so I could pay my deposit. I keep getting brushed off and told they will call me back. They never do. I am supposed to be arriving at Keppel island tomorrow with my family for Christmas. We have had to stay at home for christmas now because of their lack of communication. Now I will have to fight for my deposit back even though I have done everything correctly. I am shocked that these people are in charge of running this 'resort'. How keppel haven has not gone bankrupt is beyond me. Perhaps because they won't return phone calls and they are keeping money which is not theirs? So this Christmas my children will be unwrapping beach toys, bathers & snorkel sets that they will not be able to use. Thanks Keppel Haven, you have single handedly given me the worst possible impression of a beautiful island.

• Stayed: December 2011