1,007 results
All reviewsfish feedingsunset drinksday trippersglass bottom boatouter reefnature walkboat leavesguest poolhotel guestspicnic hamperthe great barrier reefstinger suitsroom servicesnorkeling equipmentsea turtlesprivate poolreef suite
Reviewed 30 August 2017

The resort has been built around the trees and it is such a lovely setting. Resort amenities are great as is the restaurant. The stuff were attentive and friendly and a joy to be around. We loved our trip and will definitely get back one day!

Special thanks to the restaurant team and in particular North Korea and Molly who were just the right mix of friendly and good fun! Thanks for helping with our kids...

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Went over for a night at the resort and found it to be awesome. The staff were helpful and went out of there way to make us feel special. I took a metal detector over for some fun on the beach and was suprised how clean the areas were of ring pulls and beer caps. The food at the resort was great including their hamper. The only thing I found disappointing was you could not book dinner on the beach before hand as it was reliable on good weather but when we arrived on island in the morning and tried to book it, it was already booked the day before ????? Am definitely looking forward to my next trip over.

Room Tip: Ground floor is great
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ouzocoke
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Our family of 4 including two children ages 8 and 4 had a great time. The staff was incredibly friendly, the activities were well run and the food was terrific. During the day, the hoards of people visiting the island as "day trippers" made things a bit crowded - although not too inconvenient. The magic of the island comes out when the day trippers leave at 4:00. Quiet dinner, peaceful beaches, and great star gazing. Even during the day there are plenty of quieter beach locations only a couple minutes walk from the primary swimming/snorkeling area. Waking up in the morning to the sounds of the birds then making our way to a great buffet was also a treat. If you're staying overnight, don't forget to make dinner reservations early in the day since there is only one restaurant open and it can fill up.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Dan B
Green_Island_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Green Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Thank you Dan for taking the time to leave such an amazing review. Wonderful to have you here with us, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I recently visited for the day and found the Resort and Island to be filthy. Such an embarrassment to National Parks of Australia. The amount of plastic rubbish amongst the trees and on the beach was heartbreaking. But not hard to see why when the bar serve canned beer with plastic glasses, two plastic straws in cocktails and plastic cutlery from food outlets. A walk on the beach found myself coming across a huge empty box near a picnic table (see photo). Just disgusting that all of the above is still happening this day and age when we should be reducing our wastage and protect the reef. The Resort cater for the Asian market. So I found myself having to put my shoes back on to avoid stepping in spit. And their disrespect towards others in flicking their cigarette butts in the bushes should be banned on this Island. Don't ask the life guards any questions. They'll only be blunt, rude and extremely unhelpful. Does patrolling an Island make them more special then those on the mainland beaches? While trying to snorkel through the floating rubbish I was yelled at by some Japanese dive instructor about my location after having asked the patrollers permission. She was finally corrected by her boat driver that I was actually was in a safe area. Avoid the eateries, I felt like a was in a flock of seagulls. Chinese groups fighting to get to the buffet. The grill had no available tables and takeaway rubbish scattered everywhere. Oh and screaming kids in the pool wasn't relaxing at all. All the day boats leave at the same time. So don't even try and use one of two fresh water showers as you'll only get cut off from the rude, pushy inconsiderate international guests! I feel for the in house guests who get invaded by day trippers like
Myself daily. My advice for day trippers who only have one day to see an Australian Island/national Park in the Great Barrier Reef is go elsewhere. I saw nothing that the Australian culture is known for... Clean, friendly, respectful, relaxed, unique experience. I will be contacting the national parks to express my disappointment on how the boat loads of tourists are damaging what could be the most beautiful spot off the coast of Cairns. Sorry, but this has broken my heart with disappointment and embarrassment being a local Aussie in Cairns.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
20  Thank Bear_Wilson
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed here for 4 days in July 2017 with the family. The rooms were great and kept very clean. They have a coin laundry onsite so that cut down on the clothes we needed to pack. We went on the Outer Reef Tour which was great. While there we went snorkeling and diving. We were pleasantly surprised by Marineland Melanesia which was much better than we were expecting. They had a couple of turtles swimming which made for a much better photo opportunity than in the ocean. While our snorkeling we also saw turtles as well as many fish. Not everyone was keen on diving so we did the Seawalker too which everyone thought was fantastic. My only complaint was that we couldn't take our own camera and that the photos for this were on the expensive side. I'd say dinner at the restaurant was pricey but it was the only choice for dinner. Having said that the food was pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family