Very few places, rooms especially, look like the pictures you see on the internet. This is one place which is exactly what you see on TripAdvisor and the Lizard island Resort website. Rooms are awesome - short walk down a sandy path to the beach, which has bits of reef right there at the shore. A nice area of clam beds is off to the right off the hotel restaurant - an easy swim from any of the rooms. You can book a trip to the Reef with the Hotel scuba/snorkel guides - well worth it but be forewarned of the high seas (it was like being in a washing machine - so glad we did it, but felt like a brush with death). We had a suite that opened to the beach (without the plunge pool, because those suites were up on a hill and didn't seem an easy access to the beach, but a plunge pool would've been nice to rinse off the sand). Food and drink are included, and the food is excellent - no pizza and french fries here - rather a resturant that would be successful in Sydney easily. Fresh, local, gourmet, with a nice attention to detail. The roar of the ocean lulled us to sleep each night - it was the most wonderful part of our vacation to Australia. Well, we did get to pet a kangaroo at Kangaroo Island and that was pretty awesome too, but that's another review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world. With 24 powdery-white beaches and 40 luxurious suites, it is the most northern resort in tropical Queensland and is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef. A National Park covering 1,013 hectares with 24 sandy beaches and a lagoon, Lizard Island is accessible only by private charter from Cairns Airport in northern Queensland, Australia. Cairns Airport is accessible from all major Australian airports and directly from some cities in Asia. The island is reserved for the fortunate few who will experience an unforgettable holiday like no other. Enjoy secluded picnics and sunset beach degustation on private beaches, five star cuisine in the beautiful Salt Water restaurant and indulgent spa treatments in the Essentia Day Spa. Relax in style in premium accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia's Great Barrier Reef - right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lizard Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lizard Island Hotel Lizard Island
- Lizard Island Resort All Inclusive