We visited Lizard Island in April and generally our experience was wonderful. The food was exquisite in every way; we were expecting incredible food and we were not disappointed at all. A huge congratulations to all chefs and food/beverage staff. The wait staff in the restaurants were also attentive, efficient and joyful to chat with. The restaurant staff, along with the Marine/beach staff were very informative about the island. We stayed in a Sunset Villa room and the view was just stunning. Late afternoons spent rocking in the hammock, sipping a wine and watching the sunset were magical. Our only issues were with the care of our room and the care of the staff to make you feel welcomed and special. The purpose of our visit was to celebrate my partner's big, milestone birthday. I made sure the staff new of this before our arrival but apart from a passing, "so, someone's had a birthday" from one staff member no one made any attempt to help make her feel special in any way. We have travelled extensively and were very surprised by this attitude. The care of the rooms was also a little haphazard. Some days we returned from a beautiful day snorkelling to find our room lacking - replacement of towels and re stocking of mini bar (mini bar is included in your daily tariff) incomplete. This was disappointing but did not ruin our holiday. Overall, we still had a marvellous time and would recommend this resort based on the stunning scenery, incredible food and relaxed and gentle pace found on the island. You don't have the crowds found on other Queensland Islands and this makes Lizard a truly relaxing place. The chance to unwind on your own private beach with fully stocked picnic was magical. A little more care of the basics, such as rooms, and the willingness to go the extra mile for guests will ensure that this resort will be world class.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world. With 24 powdery-white beaches and 40 luxurious suites, it is the most northern resort in tropical Queensland and is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef. A National Park covering 1,013 hectares with 24 sandy beaches and a lagoon, Lizard Island is accessible only by private charter from Cairns Airport in northern Queensland, Australia. Cairns Airport is accessible from all major Australian airports and directly from some cities in Asia. The island is reserved for the fortunate few who will experience an unforgettable holiday like no other. Enjoy secluded picnics and sunset beach degustation on private beaches, five star cuisine in the beautiful Salt Water restaurant and indulgent spa treatments in the Essentia Day Spa. Relax in style in premium accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia's Great Barrier Reef - right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lizard Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lizard Island Hotel Lizard Island
- Lizard Island Resort All Inclusive