I ummed and aahed about this decision. Usually my husband and I travel overseas- we love our home country but it's so expensive too travel in. Despite graduating to high end hotel experiences the last few years, including Aman, we think carefully about spending our money and I was doubtful this resort would be value for money.
The reasons to stay are- The island is a winner, very pretty place, magical water, lots of fish and coral. Loved the day of snorkelling at No Name and swimming with the giant cod, seeing sharks etc. Relentlessly friendly young staff but as noted by other reviewers service is hit and miss. Although nicely apologised for we were often served after others who came later, a few mix ups with orders and very slow. Food is good but not top level at times. Sunday BBQ was fantastic, degustation less so- needed to supplement with lovely hot chips. The included alcohol and minibar is a nice touch but cocktails not included. DVD of snorkelling trip was beautiful but $ 95 is ridiculous. I think this place is not the best value- at this level of cost it raises expectations...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world. With 24 powdery-white beaches and 40 luxurious suites, it is the most northern resort in tropical Queensland and is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef. A National Park covering 1,013 hectares with 24 sandy beaches and a lagoon, Lizard Island is accessible only by private charter from Cairns Airport in northern Queensland, Australia. Cairns Airport is accessible from all major Australian airports and directly from some cities in Asia. The island is reserved for the fortunate few who will experience an unforgettable holiday like no other. Enjoy secluded picnics and sunset beach degustation on private beaches, five star cuisine in the beautiful Salt Water restaurant and indulgent spa treatments in the Essentia Day Spa. Relax in style in premium accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia's Great Barrier Reef - right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lizard Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lizard Island Hotel Lizard Island
- Lizard Island Resort All Inclusive