We stayed for 5 nights in October
The weather was perfect and the water warm and clear.
We had intended to snorkel rather than scuba dive, but after watching the video of the divers at the Cod Hole, we booked a dive lesson.
We had a dive off the beach at the end of the lesson and then did the reef tour the next day . The scuba instructor was very patient with his terrified middle aged client and finally coaxed me under .The next day on the reef we had the same instructor looking after just 2 of us.
I truly thought I would never have this experience and am so grateful to have seen this beautiful part of the reef .
The snorkelling off the resort beaches is great and we borrowed a body suit to prevent sunburn.
We left Sydney at 9 am and were snorkelling by the end of the day.
The service was relaxed and professional .We enjoyed the meals and found that the chef was accommodating to requests for variations in the menu. We enjoyed the wine and the staff's recommendations .
There were yoga lessons for October , another first and we made use of the spa therapies.
It was great to leave the outside world behind and tell work they would be unable to contact us by mobile phone .
After our 6 days we were completely refreshed and relaxed and felt so lucky to have visited such a special place .
It is wise to book diving ahead .If you book an afternoon flight home you can still dive the full day reef tour the day before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world. With 24 powdery-white beaches and 40 luxurious suites, it is the most northern resort in tropical Queensland and is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef. A National Park covering 1,013 hectares with 24 sandy beaches and a lagoon, Lizard Island is accessible only by private charter from Cairns Airport in northern Queensland, Australia. Cairns Airport is accessible from all major Australian airports and directly from some cities in Asia. The island is reserved for the fortunate few who will experience an unforgettable holiday like no other. Enjoy secluded picnics and sunset beach degustation on private beaches, five star cuisine in the beautiful Salt Water restaurant and indulgent spa treatments in the Essentia Day Spa. Relax in style in premium accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia's Great Barrier Reef - right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Lizard Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lizard Island Hotel Lizard Island
- Lizard Island Resort All Inclusive